8 Things That Happen When You Cut Out A Toxic Friend

I am finally free.
220

Sometimes I have the worst luck with friendships. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I love my friends. I care about them so much. Unfortunately, there's a lot of people out there that don't care like I do. They know how to play my heart and walk on me like a doormat. They use words that stab me, they secretly hate to see me succeed, and they only care when it is convenient for them. I am learning who these people are, and I am learning how to cut the ties to them. It is a long process, but this is what happens when I let go of these toxic people:

1. I feel free.

I was under a lot of pressure to be a certain way and act a certain way to make these people happy. Now I am finally freed from my chains.

2. I am genuinely happy.

I can focus on what makes me happy, not what they said made me happy. I love being happy. I love being positive and light.

3. I am finding my real friends.

When I cut the ties, I sat in a cloud of darkness alone. Then my real friends came in and made themselves known. They blew away the cloud and picked me up. I realized the meaning of the quote, "I would rather have four quarters than 100 pennies."

4. I have found my passion.

Before I was so focused on these people's lives and supporting them. I never received support in return. Or I would get told the things I liked were stupid. Without that, I have been able to find what I love to do.

5. I don't feel judged.

I can be myself. I don't have to be embarrassed about myself. I can be proud of who I am and what I like to do.

6. I have less drama in my life.

The only drama I have to worry about is me, myself and I. Their drama doesn't affect me or the other people in my life. I am so much more drama free. Cutting out drama also cuts out stress.

7. I am not as stressed anymore.

I was always walking on egg shells. I was always stressed to the core around these toxic friendships. Now I am not stressed out about them and their lives, problems, opinions, etc.

8. I can pick up signs when another toxic person comes around.

I am more cautious of developing friendships. Not everyone is meant to be a super close friend. Some people are surface friends or acquaintances. Friendships should be positive relationships not pieces of work.