Currently Trending: 5 Stories From The Week Of January 26 To Read Today

Currently creators covered a wide range of new stories last week.

We've rounded up the top five you may have missed from last week, right here.

1. Ellen Pompeo Went OFF On TMZ For How They Handled Kobe Bryant's Death, And Rightfully So

By Olivia Kappler

"Gray's Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo let it be known that she was NOT happy about TMZ's breaking news coverage of the death of basketball legend Kobe Bryant.

2. Your 'Jokes' About Catching Coronavirus From East Asians Aren't Funny, They're Racist

By Valentina Duarte

"Sam Phan, an MA student at the University of Manchester, shared,"

"This week, my ethnicity has made me feel like I was part of a threatening and diseased mass. To see me as someone who carries the virus just because of my race is, well, just racist."

3. I Was Never A Great Basketball Player, But Kobe Still Had So Much To Teach Me About Life

By Brianna Cicero

With the tragic passing of Kobe Bryant this past week, our creators shared how much his life and legacy impacted them.

4. Demi Lovato's New Single 'Anyone' Is The Anthem Of Every Recovering Addict, Because We ALL Need Someone

By Sarah Moyer

Demi Lovato debuted a new song at the Grammys this past week that speaks to recovering addicts on their paths to sobriety.

5. After TMZ's Report On Kobe Bryant's Death, The Way Breaking News Is Released Needs To Change

By Christina Billie

TMZ may have crossed some lines in their coverage of the Kobe Bryant news. Was their coverage ethical journalism or not?

Interested in sharing your opinions with Currently? Email tyler.lyman@theodysseyonline.com to get started.