Currently Trending: 5 Stories From The Week Of April 5 To Read Today
Currently

A weekly roundup of Odyssey's Currently section.

51

Here are the top five pieces you missed from our creators last week:

1. It's One Month Since Trump Said COVID-19 Would Disappear In 'A Couple Days,' And 10,000 Americans Are Dead

By Tyler Lyman

"In a clip, Trump applauded himself and his team saying that it was a 'pretty good job we've done' saying that they expected the cases to drop from 15 to zero. Now, with more than 10,000 people dead from the pandemic, it is certainly getting out of hand fast."

2. Acting SECNAV Modly's Speech To Captain Crozier's Sailors Was A Complete Failure Of Leadership

By Kaylee Waddell

"In case you missed the latest news, Captain Crozier was removed from his position as commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt in the midst of an ongoing scheduled deployment currently operating in the seventh fleet."

3. Bernie Supporters Who Won't Vote Biden In 2020, Think What America Will Look Like In 2024 If Trump Wins Again

By Tyler Lyman

"With nothing stopping Biden from claiming the nomination, the general election has essentially begun between Joe Biden and our current president, Donald Trump."

4. There's A Race And Class Disparity In Coronavirus Cases And You Can't Ignored It

By Taffy Lashley

"While social distancing is important and the absolute best way right now to prevent the spread, it's easier said than done for many marginalized communities of color as well as essential workers of course."

5. How COVID-19 Is Affecting Blasts To The Medieval Past

By Gabby Barber

"Renaissance festivals all over the world are getting canceled like it's the Bubonic Plague all over again. Only this time it is because of social distancing measures to avoid the spread of coronavirus."