12 Things People With Curly Hair Are Tired of Hearing

No, you can't touch my hair.

309
Danaz Hairstyles

1. “You should straighten it!”

If it didn’t take me about 3 hours to do, I probably would. Regardless, you probably wouldn’t even recognize me without my locks.

2. “Did you brush your hair today?”

No, I didn’t, and no, it’s not gross. Brushing my hair will make it a whole new level of frizzy. Would you rather be walking around with a friend with nice shiny locks or a friend with big poofy hair? Also, I'm pretty sure that my curls are more than capable of breaking a standard hairbrush in half, so there's that.

3. “Is it naturally curly?”

No, I wake up three hours before I have to every day and take a curling iron to my scalp just to achieve this look.

4. “Can I touch it?”

The answer to this question doesn’t even matter because I know you’re going to touch it anyway and then become disgusted when you figure out that you can’t run your fingers through it. Bye, Felicia.

5. “What products do you use?”

COCONUT OIL.

6. “Your hair is so exotic.”

I hear this a lot, but what does it mean? Please let me know. I'm really curious.

7. “I wish my hair was like that.”

Okay, I get it. When you curl your hair with a curling iron it falls flat after 20 minutes, no matter how much hairspray you use.

8. “You don’t wash your hair every day?”

NO, I DON’T. AND NO, IT’S NOT DIRTY OR GREASY.

9. You have so much hair!

I know! It’s on my head!

10. “How do you get it to look like that?”

Product, lots and lots of product.

11. “You should try doing something different with your hair.”

With curly hair, there are only two possible hairstyles: up and down. Maybe on a good day, you could get a little fancy and do a half-up, half down thing, but that’s rare.

12. “I like you better with straight hair!”

This is such a backhanded compliment. I straighten my hair once a year, maybe twice. How do you think this makes me feel?