Why Crushes Suck

Why Crushes Suck

It's not easy having feelings

11
Why Crushes Suck

It's a typical day.

You're convinced your feeling can't get any worse, you've made it past the "maybe I should talk to you" phase. You've bitten the bullet. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit, or maybe it's the butterflies that won't leave you alone, but you decide to ask he to coffee.

So you meet up. You guys sit and drink coffee (you melt a little inside every time he talks to you but it's fine). You learn more about him, he learns more about you, and you leave with a massive smile and an inability to walk properly. After running into doors, you come home to a text that makes you melt all over again.

That's when it hits you. You didn't want to get this invested, you tried to fight it, but you can't. This beautiful human walked right into your life and now you're farther gone than you anticipated. So he calls you and plans an official first date. After days of panicking and utter fear, you've picked an outfit and set your alarms. You're totally prepared to wake up and drive an hour and a half to meet this guy, totally ready.

You make it through the date and go home belting Taylor Swift.

Next thing you know you drive and only listen to the stupid country songs that remind you of him. You find yourself thinking about him and smiling for NO REASON. You even find yourself driving to places in the middle of nowhere (Ruston, LA) just for the chance to see him.

Literally, how could this happen to you? You spent so much time being guarded and reserved, trying not to fall for anyone. You were almost there, so close.

Maybe you'll take a break and get some sleep... wait, did he just text you again?