15 Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands You Should Check Out

Finding quality cruelty-free makeup is way easier than you may think.

240

After finding out that MAC, one of my favorite cosmetics brands, was not cruelty-free, I was inspired to start only using makeup that was cruelty-free. The transition to cruelty-free products was actually way easier than expected as many of the brands I used were already vegan. If you can about animal testing, here are some brands you should check out.

1. Tarte Cosmetics

Not only is their makeup cruelty-free, but they also offer a line of vegan products. (products that are not only cruelty free, but also do not contain animal bi-products, such as beeswax). Tarte makes one of my absolute favorite highlighters and I like both their bronzers and lip stains as well.

2. Urban Decay

While I didn't realize it until recently, I'm actually a big Urban Decay fan. I love not only their setting spray and Naked palettes, but also their foundation which feels light yet still has good coverage. Their products are cruelty-free and they also offer a vegan line. However, they are looking to make many of their products vegan as long as the quality remains the same.

3. Colourpop

I appreciate the fact that Colourpop makes products that are not only cruelty-free but are available in such a wide variety of colors and at decent prices. I got one of their Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks this summer and the color is fantastic.

4. Milk Makeup

All of Milk's products are both vegan and cruelty-free. I've only tried their highlighter (I'm a big fan), however I've heard really good things about their foundation and skin care products as well/

5. Butter London

I've tried a few of Butter London's nail polishes and they have all been super smooth. While all their products are cruelty-free, they also offer vegan and gluten free products. Their polishes are also "8-free" meaning that they do not contain Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBP, Toluene, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, or TPHP.

6. Bellapierre Cosmetics

Bellapierre makes my absolute favorite mascara and they also make really nice blushes as well. All their products are cruelty-free and made with safe ingredients and they also have a vegan section.

7. Too Faced Cosmetics

While I've never tried their products personally I've hear really good things about Too Faced's Peach Palette and primer. All their products are cruelty-free and they offer both vegan and paraben free lines.

8. Smashbox

Smashbox offers their cruelty-free products in a very wide range of colors. They offer 40 different shades of foundation and 120 shades of lipstick. I personally like their lipsticks and I've heard really good things about their eyeshadows as well.

9. Pacifica

Pacifia is a great place to look for makeup that is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. Their products also don't contain sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil, phthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, and other undesirable substances. I wold recommend Pacifica if you're looking for fun earthy tones with a little color at a reasonable price. I got a mini version of one of their palettes and it came in fun, light natural purples and complementary browns.

10. Ofra

Ofra is both vegan and makes a wide array of eyeshadows. They also have gorgeous highlighters and a liquid lipstick I;m eager to try.

11. Jouer Cosmetics

Jouer's products are all cruelty-free, but they also have paraben free products and are currently moving in a paraben free direction with future products and reformulations. I would recommend their lip glosses because they are pretty pigmented and smooth.

12. Fenty

Rihanna not only comes out with a beauty line that is inclusive of women with all skin tones but she makes its cruelty-free and paraben-free as well. Most of Fenty's products are vegan, however not all of them are. I haven't tried any of her products but I heard fantastic things about her foundation and match stix.

13. Ciaté London

I've been really impressed with Ciate London's products. I was impressed with how long their eyeliner and bronzer stayed on. They also offer a vegan line.

14. NYX

NYX is a cheap makeup addict's dream. They products are very reasonably priced and both their soft matte lip cream and whipped Fouetté are fantastic. I've also heard really good things about their foundation and eyeliner.

15. Becca Cosmetics

The only products from Becca Cosmetics I have tried are their highlighters and bronzer, which have both been great, however I've also heard good things about their foundation and blushes.