Let's Talk About Crop Tops

Let's Talk About Crop Tops

I never felt like I needed to speak on a shirt so badly.

77

I am a college girl. I see other girls go out and I want to preface this by saying that I have nothing against those that choose to wear them. They are cute but I just can't get on board.

If I am going to go out somewhere or spend $20+ on a shirt it better come with the whole thing. There is nothing more frustrating than going to Forever 21 and pulling a cute shirt off the rack just to find that it's a crop top. Why?!?! I buy shirts to keep my body warm so why, in the middle of December, am I pulling out a crop top?

They are like a virus. They are everywhere. People don't even wear them just to go out anymore, which in my opinion is the only place they really belong, girls wear them to class. That isn't the right place to wear them, not because stupid boys get distracted by skin, but because I think you need to put off a better image of yourself to your professor.

I also feel like they are ruining the way that many of us see our bodies. I am not 'fat' in any way, yet I find it hard to put on a crop top because of the comparison I have to other girls that are wearing them who have washboard abs and are so so thin.

What about the girls that are bigger and aren't as comfortable as others?

How do you think that feels to not even want to put something like that on because you feel so uncomfortable in it but it's hard to not because it is all the rage?

Crop tops don't need to go away but I don't see the point. I would rather go out in a shirt I know I can wear to more than just a club or date night and get my money's worth. That being said, crop tops are cute.

A lot of them are done in a tasteful way and can be done up really well. I just don't know why you would want to pay for a shirt that isn't even all there.