10 Things We Know From 'The Crimes of Grindelwald' Trailer

The 'Crimes Of Grindelwald' Trailer Already Has Potterheads Screaming 'Accio!' For November

I'm ready to perform dark magic to see this movie.

106
Newt Scammander and Dumbledore

San Diego Comic-Con is one of the leading voices in pop culture, covering everything from old-school comics to the newest movie news. And this Comic-Con was particularly special because the trailer for "The Crimes of Grindelwald," the next movie in the Fantastic Beasts franchise, just dropped (insert screams of excitement)! And I'm not going to lie, this movie trailer is epic and gives us a lot of interesting information about the upcoming movie.

I'm a huge Potterhead, so I would be genuinely excited for this movie even if the trailer wasn't good, but I'm even more excited because so many things are happening that I can't even focus on what I should talk about first. So instead of some rambles, here is a list of the most intriguing bits of the trailer that have me ready to cast some dark spells for the movie in November.

1. We get to see Hogwarts!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

One of the things missing in "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" was a visual of Hogwarts. In the first 30 seconds of the trailer, we get to see the magical castle and relive all of our Harry Potter dreams of arriving on the Hogwarts Express.

2. Young Dumbledore appears to be an integral part of the movie (and an integral part of Newt's education).

Newt and Professor Dumbledore

WE FINALLY GET TO SEE YOUNG DUMBLEDORE. I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to see Dumbledore again after the end of the Harry Potter series. From the trailer, it looks like he's going to play a major role in Grindelwald's capture, though true Potterheads know that Dumbledore and Grindelwald were friends in their youth.

3. Credence makes an appearance.

Credence Barebone

The fate of Credence was left ambiguously undetermined at the end of "Fantastic Beasts," and it's good to know that we will be seeing more of him in the future. I want to know more about his storyline and what his fate holds. Will he fall in line with Grindelwald? Will he follow Newt? So much is up in the air!

4. Welcome to the story, Grindelwald.

Gellert Grindelwald

Played by none other than Johnny Depp himself, Gellert Grindelwald finally makes a true appearance that lasts longer than the five minutes he was given at the end of "Fantastic Beasts." Obviously, this movie is about Grindelwald, but I'm curious if the movie will be told in a series of flashbacks or how his history will play out.

5. Nicolas Flamel makes a cameo.

Nicolas Flamel

Flamel is a character that I never expected to see in any of the Harry Potter movies, let alone "The Crimes of Grindelwald." Potterheads are curious what the role of the famous alchemist will be, and for good reason.

6. The Deathly Hallows symbol is present.

The Deathly Hallows Symbol

One of the most heavily featured symbols in the Harry Potter community, the Deathly Hallows symbol appears both in the trailer and in some of the still images that are being shown on the movie's Instagram. Is this the movie where Dumbledore finally wins the highly coveted (and highly dangerous) Elder Wand? Some of the movie's Instagram photos seem to suggest that wands will play a heavy role in the movie.

7. Who is Leta Lestrange?

Leta Lestrange

Potterheads will immediately recognize the name Lestrange in connection with Bellatrix Lestrange, one of Voldemort's loyal followers. But who is Leta Lestrange? She was supposedly a close friend of Newt's, but what role will she play in the upcoming movie? Will she fall in with the dark side like the other Lestrange's that we love to hate?

8. Will we see Ilvermorny?

While we know and love Hogwarts, when will fans get to see our first true glimpse of Ilvermorny, the American counterpart to Hogwarts? While mentions of the school appeared in "Fantastic Beasts," no true information has been given.

9. Why must Newt face Grindelwald?

Newt and Dumbledore

Dumbledore tells Newt that he must face Grindelwald, but my question is, "why?" Dumbledore is older and perhaps more powerful, but I'm sure all will be explained in the next movie.

10. We're going to Paris!

A Postcard of Paris

It's obvious from the postcard that Newt finds and some of the locations that are present in the movie that we are going to Paris for this next installment in the franchise! Paris is a city we haven't seen in the Harry Potter universe before, so it will be a welcome change from our muggle home of London.

So whether you're a longtime fan of the franchise or are just joining the Potterheads for this installment, this movie is sure to be a showstopper.