How To Follow A Sleep Schedule

Creating A Sleep Schedule Isn't Easy, But It IS Possible

What's a quarantine sleep schedule?

177

Long ago were the days where you would hear the beautiful performance of the sparrows at 4 a.m. reminding you it was time for rest. Now with the world slowly going back to somewhat of a "normal" but that "normal" really just means that maybe some of us are going back to jobs — not anything else — we need to create a sleep schedule. I can proudly say that my sleep has become normalized and my life is better for it.

The best tip I have is to have something to do when you wake up. If you go to sleep with the thought of having something to do when you first wake up, you'll be more inclined to go to sleep quicker. It could be a workout, an activity, or even just going to get coffee.

Set a time period in which you have to go to sleep every night, don't set a specific time. If you set a specific time you will be less likely to actually fall asleep at that time. If you set a time period, like an hour, you will actually accomplish that goal.

If you feel that your mind is still running when your head hits the pillow, there are a few ways to fall asleep quicker. First, try not to use your phone too close to when you want to fall asleep. If you do need to use your phone, lower the brightness, or go on night mode. Reading is a great way to fall asleep because it entertains you without using lights and is sometimes boring enough to drift you to sleep. However, if you are using your phone there are apps that can make your sleep easier. You can use the clock app and the bedtime setting tells you when to go to sleep if you schedule your wake-up time. I usually fall asleep to a slow Spotify playlist running in the background. You can also try meditation apps such as Headspace or Calm. Speaking of Calm, today a special bedtime story is going to be released. Harry Styles, yes the most amazing person on the entire planet, and my personal icon, is going to be reading a story to help people all over the world sleep into a beautiful dream.

I hope these helped and have a great sleep!!