CPS is trying to make sure your kids are safe
Lifestyles

Let Child Protective Services Do Their Job So Your Kids Can Be Safe

If they are safe with you the kids will be returned to you.

104

I was recently lost in the depths of Facebook and came across some groups that have missions of "stopping CPS from being able to legally kidnap their kids."

And it made me a little angry.

So from the girl who had CPS (Child Protective Services) step into her life and change it for the better and from the same girl who has decided to go into social work so that she can do CPS and foster care work I have several things to say about these groups and to the people who are in these groups.

The first thing that I want to say is that CPS can't just walk into your house and take your kids for no reason. CPS has to have reasons and they have probably been investigating the situation for a while.

If you are apart of one of these groups on Facebook you probably had your children taken out of your care. So think about this. At the end of the day if CPS stepped in to take your children from you they were just trying to make sure that your children where safe.

At the end of the day they would rather be safe than sorry. If you truly have done nothing wrong your children will be returned to you. If you have done something wrong and are unable to turn your life around then you will probably have your rights as a parent taken away from you for those kids and that's on you.

CPS is NOT allowed to take children away from parents or guardians without a valid reason. Do NOT blame CPS for doing their jobs. If specific things happen in your house CPS does NOT have a choice but to take the kids out of the house. One of the things that is an automatic thing for kids to be taken out of the house is if a minor dies in the same house that the other kids live in.

If CPS steps in and takes your kids away from you and later also takes your rights as a parent away from you do not contact those kids. If the kids want to know they will contact you.

Instead of blaming CPS for doing their jobs think about the things that you are doing and the things that have happened in your home. At the end of the day all CPS wants is for the kids to be safe and if the only way for them to know that the kids are safe and are not in any danger is to take the kids away until the investigation is over then grit and bare it.

If it is found that the kids aren't in danger in your home the kids will be returned. If a court asks you to do specific things you should do those things. They are asking you to do them for a few reasons. One of those reasons is so they can see if you will be willing to do what is necessary for your kids to have a safe and stable place to live.

CPS stepped into my life and by doing so they saved me. I have loving parents when i lived with them I never had to worry about if I was going to be hurt, if I was going to have enough to eat, if I was going to have clean clothes, or where I was going to be sleeping at night.