14 Ways To Make Your Room A Comfy, Cozy Safe Haven

Blankets, and pillows, and candles, oh my!
81

It's the holiday season, which means the urge to make our rooms as inviting and warm as possible has finally arrived. It's always fueled by lazy-day Pinterest searches and chilly fall mornings. These twelve essentials are key factors to giving your space a comfy, cozy vibe!

1. Candles

There's nothing better than the warm glow of a candle in a dreary room. They even make electronic candles for those who want the ambiance but can't have open-flames in a dorm!

2. Essential Oil Diffuser

These are also a great candle alternative! Diffusers are a natural approach to making your room smell inviting! Scents like geranium, lemon, peppermint, and lotus flower can be added to the water, creating a scented vapor that brews all day!

3. Rugs

Stepping on a cold floor has to be one of the most uncomfortable feelings on a chilly day. Rugs give your toes a break as well as adding style and dimension to your room.

4. Plush Blankets

The #1 key to acquiring the coziest room of all is lots and lots of blankets! Wool blankets, microfiber plush blankets, crochet blankets...I need them all!

5. Wall Tapestry

If your walls feel harsh and bare, add a creative tapestry! They come in loads of size and patterns to fit your specific style.

6. Salt Lamp

Himalayan salt lamps have great health benefits because they purify and neutralize the air on the ionic level. Plus, they look pretty cool as a raw focal point.

7. String Lights

The warmth of these lights gives your room a radiant glow without needing sterile overhead room lighting.

8. Plants

Plants can help purify the air as well as adding greenery to your space. Good houseplants include succulents, cacti, spider plants, and ivy.

9. Pillows

Pillows in the bedroom, throw pillows in the living room, pillows everywhere! Pillows add warmth and comfort to your space. They act as a decor piece, making your room more lively as well.

10. Crystals

Crystals have the power to brighten and soften the energy in your space. Clusters of similar crystals in different parts of your living space can promote feelings like tranquility, positivity, and harmony. The best crystals for making a space cozy include rose quartz, calcite, and selenite.

11. Soft Furnishings

Regardless if it's a woven dreamcatcher or lots pictures and knickknacks on a coffee table, little personal details help to really make the room your own.

12. Slippers

It's almost a requirement to own a good pair of slippers in the winter. Between cold floors, achy feet, and moving around the dorm from friend to friend— it's definitely a necessity.

13. Heating Pad

Sometimes turning up the heat isn't an option. Heating pads are great for watching tv, sitting in bed, or just doing your homework on a blustery day!

14. Warm Beverages

Rev up that Keurig, it's time for coffee! Hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream works too!