COVERGIRL is Cruelty Free

If You're A Drugstore Makeup Fanatic, Then You Must Know That COVERGIRL Is Finally Cruelty Free

Now you can be easy, breezy, beautiful, AND cruelty-free.

387

In early November of 2018, the world renown drugstore makeup brand COVERGIRL made the announcement that they are officially one hundred percent cruelty-free. You can even check out

If you're a drugstore makeup lover, then you might want to continue reading. Sit back, relax, and get your wallets ready because you're in for a game-changing surprise.

Makeup can be quite the expense, and as someone who loves makeup just as much as the next twenty-something year old, I must tell you I am excited for myself and my bank account.

If you don't know much about COVERGIRL and their old ways, then it's time for a history lesson. It all began in a little town in Maryland.

COVERGIRL has been making women and men all over the world feel beautiful with their products since 1961. Almost 60 years later, and they are finally evolving and re-branding themselves as they become more diverse with their products. According to their website, their goal is as follows, "Our goal is to help every person look and feel their best as they create personalized looks with the products we offer."

With shades ranging in colors for any women or men of any race to wear, and affordable products, you'd think COVERGIRL would be on top of their game, right?

Wrong.

On paper, COVERGIRL seemed like the most sensible brand to use. It was affordable, beautiful, and diverse. However, what people forgot to notice about their products was how they were being created and tested.

In order to get that perfect formula for your favorite foundation or mascara, thousands of furry friends were being hurt or even worse, killed to make you feel beautiful. That doesn't sit right in your conscience, does it?

So why should it feel right as your contour sits on your face?

Personally, I am thrilled that COVERGIRL has decided to re-brand themselves as "#COVERGIRLCrueltyFree." Not only will it help them increase their users, but it will save so many more animals in the time being.

I won't sit here and say that I have never used COVERGIRL products. I love their creamy lipsticks just as much as the next person swatching them on the back of their hands at Target. But I will sit here and tell you that I can wear their products with a clearer conscience.

After learning about how dark animal cruelty can get from one of my best friends, I've come to understand how important it is to try and put a stop to it. Knowing that COVERGIRL is now cruelty-free not only saves my wallet, but it saves the lives of harmless animals that didn't get the choice to get out of this situation.

Shout out to COVERGIRL for finally addressing how horrific animal testing in the cosmetic industry can get.

Becoming cruelty-free just might have changed the make-up game even more.