If You Think Country Music Is Just About Beer, Trucks, And Girls, Go Home

Put on your big girl boots and deal with it.

309

I know, I know. It's an unpopular opinion. But hear me out.

Country music has always had the reputation of being one of the least liked genres of music, especially as the popularity of genres such as rap and punk has been climbing the charts.

I'm not saying that songs in those genres aren't good, but what I am saying is that country music can tell a story and express emotion like no other genre can.

There is nothing that can compare to the stories and emotion that a country song can carry. Any emotion or feeling you can think of is most likely expressed in a country song out there somewhere.

Of course, if you just pick any three random songs, you will probably hear about beer, trucks, and girls. But listen to me a little closer.

Widen the spectrum of songs. You will soon realize that there is something deeper hidden in the lyrics. There can be the pain behind losing a loved one, or the fear of leaving a comfortable place once called home to take a leap of faith or the pure joy of showing off a significant other to the world.

There is a country song out there for everything if you listen close enough or look hard enough. It's a STORY, not just the feeling.

The community of country artists is so close, it's almost unbelievable. Artists support one another, campaign each other's albums, and support charities like no other genre.

When an artist releases a new album or single, you can bet on seeing a dozen other country artists posting praise to social media for their work. While artists in the pop and rock world are hurling accusations at one another and starting twitter wars, country artists are trying to widen their audience and share a story with the world.

So forget the beer. Forget the trucks. Forget the girls in cutoffs and bikini tops. Because that's just what is covering up an entire community behind the boots and hats (which never go out of style, by the way).

Y'all come back now, ya hear?