I’m do not know where or when the negative connotations associated with country music started, but I do know that many of the assumptions tied to this music genre are flat out wrong.
Just to prove it to you, here are 17 of the best country songs that are impossible to hate. And no, they’re not all about “tractors, beer, and girls”.
1. “Live Like You Were Dying” by Tim McGraw
This song is such a classic, and truly has the power to inspire a person to change their whole life around.
2. “Body Like A Back Road” by Sam Hunt
While this song completely took over the radio, it did so with legitimate purpose. It may be the catchiest song I know.
3. “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
There is nothing like driving on the highway with your windows open, blasting this feel-good song.
4. “Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett
All I want in life is for a guy to serenade me to this song. If you disagree, you are just lying to yourself.
5.“No Such Thing as a Broken Heart” by Old Dominion
This is definitely less popular amongst country pessimists, but deserves much more attention.
6. "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts
The real question is, do you pregame to the awesome remix of this song?
7. “Highway Don’t Care” by Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift
Who doesn’t love duets? Not to mention, by country legend, Tim McGraw, and pop sensation, Taylor Swift.
8. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood
It is inarguable that this is THE ultimate breakup song.
9. “The Fighter” by Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood
This song instantly puts me in a good mood, and I guarantee it will have the same effect on you too.
10. “Landslide” by The Dixie Chicks
A true “oldie but a goodie”.
11. “Saltwater Gospel” by Eli Young Band
Close your eyes, and think about a relaxing day at the beach. This song is undoubtedly playing in the background.
12. “Setting the World on Fire” by Kenny Chesney and P!nk
Another great song that blew up the radio this past year. This one will never get old.
13. “In The Blood” by John Mayer
While I would argue that this doesn’t really qualify as country, country radio seems to disagree! Regardless, this song is the BEST!
14. “H.O.L.Y.” by Florida Georgia Line
This song is a little slower, but still bound to be one of your favorites.
15. “Blessed the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
If you do not enjoy this song, you must have no heart.
16. “Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band
What is a true barbecue without this classic American anthem playing?
17. “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry
This is another one of those songs that is simply too good not to like.
I challenge you to go through this list of songs without singing along, and humming the tunes in your head for the rest of the day.