5 Drugstore Makeup Products That Are Just As Good As Name Brand

5 Cosmetics For The College Cutie With Limited Cash

Some of these drugstore dupes are better than their high-end pairing!

68

If you're anything like me — a broke college student who loves makeup — you have definitely run into the issue of taking a trip to Ulta or the grocery store for that week. Over my years in college, I've compiled a list of holy grail beauty drugstore products that I will never substitute for a high-end product again unless I win the lottery. These products are affordable, available everywhere, and easily lovable!

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($5.29)

This powder has been my holy grail since high school. It's perfect for setting foundation and concealer, or applying all over your face after your makeup is fully applied for extended longevity. The translucent shade doesn't reflect a flashback in pictures either — ideal for achieving the perfect 'gram.

2. NYX Micro Brow Pencil ($9.99)

This eyebrow pencil is an exact duplicate of Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz but half the price. Sold at drugstores and convenience stores, once I tried this pencil I never went back. With a variety of colors ranging from blonde to black, there's an option for everyone!

3. Maybelline FIT ME! Concealer ($5.49)

YouTube beauty gurus have been gushing over this product for years. An exact duplicate of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for a fraction of the price. You can get this at Target and other drugstores for such a cheap price! A little goes a long way. Creamy enough to highlight and contour, but thick enough to provide ample coverage; this product is one I cannot live without.

4. L'Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($12.39)

A little bit pricier than the options above, but the price reflects the quality — basically a dupe for the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. For the price of a travel size UD product, you can get a full-size L'Oreal product. Something unique about this is that it's oil-free and tested by dermatologists, so it won't make your skin break out.

5. E.L.F. Poreless Putty Primer ($8.00)

If you can get your hands on this (usually, sold out primer), take it and run! This pot of putty has been approved as an amazing product by numerous YouTube beauty influencers, including Jeffree Star.