Tell Us What It's Like To Get A COVID-19 Test On Your Campus

Tell Us What It's Like To Get Tested For COVID-19 At Your University

Coronavirus tests are a new addition to many students' weekly routines.

20803

Coronavirus (COVID-19) has impacted every corner of the world. One of these corners is education, with everyone from elementary school to college campuses trying to get a thorough education while still keeping infection rates as low as possible. A majority of school districts are evaluating going back to school in some capacity, whether that means keeping kindergarteners in learning pods or asking college students to avoid the party scene for a semester. Everyone is trying to adjust to the changes placed before them.

Within universities, on-campus students are facing advanced precautions in hopes of avoiding another school shut-down from high infection risks. One of these precautions is increased testing, adding a new element to a students' weekly routines.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

Headline: I Got Tested At [University] And [Experience]

Cover photo: Ideally, make this a personal image (for example, you in a mask).

Intro: Begin your piece with an intro that provides relevant background information on you (your grade and major) as well as the climate surrounding COVID-19 on your campus. Some things to include could be any online database provided by your university that tracks COVID-19 cases on campus, precautions that students are expected to follow, and any resources that may be helpful to on-campus students.

Discuss the testing procedure on your campus. Are students required to get tested a certain amount? Are students only required to get tested when they think they've been exposed to COVID-19?

Tell us when you got tested, where you got tested, and why you got tested. Example: I got tested on October 2 at the main campus medical center because my roommate's classmate has coronavirus and we may have been exposed.

Include as much detail as possible on the process of getting tested at your university. Did you have to fill out any paperwork? Was your temperature taken? Was the test you took a swab test or a saliva test? Did you also have an antibody test done?

After you've included the process of your test, make sure to include the details that you left the testing location with. How long would it take for you to get your results? If you've already gotten those results, what were they? What instructions were you given based on those results?

End your piece with a reflection on your experience. Did getting tested make you feel safe, confident in your university's handling of COVID-19? Was it uncomfortable? Did it match what you had heard about it from friends, family, or classmates who had been tested?

END TEMPLATE