The New Normal

The New Normal

What is the "new normal" post COVID-19?

54
The New Normal

Coronavirus has been in the United States since approximately January 2020. And it has been in my and most college student's lives since the middle of March.

If you are anything like my friends and me, you were super excited for your "E-learning day" that just so happened to be two days before spring break... but then a couple days later, your whole world was turned upside down. Your in-person classes were cancelled, sports seasons were cancelled, and you had no clue when things would go back to normal. At this point though, what is normal?

Although we would love for the new normal to be the same for everyone, like it was back in March, that's just not the truth. There are so many things that have changed since COVID-19 has taken over the world. Everyone reacted so differently when it really hit the U.S. Some people bought out stores of toilet paper (WTF!!), face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.

It's so crazy to think about how every single thing in our lives has been affected by the coronavirus, regardless of if you have personally had it or not. School plans? Affected. Travel plans? Affected. Future plans? Affected.

Basically COVID-19 SUCKS.

However, regardless of what your political, religious, or personal beliefs are, we can all do simple things to reduce the risk. But also, at the same time, we can't let it take over our lives. There is going to come a point where you're going to have to make the decision of what your response is going to be. Personally, I don't live my life in fear of this virus, but others do and that is their choice. I do make decisions that I deem are responsible to my life, like wearing a mask when they are required, washing my hands, and as of right now my friends and I aren't going out to the bars.

I have personally had COVID-19 and so have many of my close friends, so I know that it is no joke. But I, along with so many, are over it... I'm not a fan of this "new normal", are you??