I am proud to say I became an adopted mother to a wonderful little corgi named Socrates (I'm a Philosophy major, guys) this Christmas. And what a joy it has been raising this great creature! Corgis are some of the cutest, smartest and friendliest dogs there are. And oh, how they have brought some amazing internet joy to humans! I have opted to share some of my favorite corgi photos I found on the web to make you smile, because, I mean, their little legs, adorable faces and ears too big for their head are more than enough to turn around a less-than-happy day. Enjoy!
In 2017 we had to say goodbye to one of the best websites to ever roam the internet: Vine. In case you have been living under a rock since 2013, Vine was -(sad face)- a website and app that took the internet and the app store by storm in Winter 2013. It contained 6-second videos that were mostly comedy- but there were other genres including music, sports, cool tricks and different trends. Vine stars would get together and plan out a vine and film it till they got it right.
It was owned by Twitter and it was shut down because of so many reasons; the viners were leaving and making money from Youtube, there was simply no money in it and Twitter wanted us to suffer.
There's been a ton of threads on Twitter of everyone's favorite vines so I thought I'd jump in and share some of my favorites. So without further ado, here are some
1. "AHH...Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant"
2. "Nate how are those chicken strips?" "F%#K YA CHICKEN STRIPS.....F%#K ya chicken strips!"
3. "Road work ahead? Uh Yea, I sure hope it does"
5. "...Hi Welcome to
7."Welcome to Bible Study. We're all children of Jesus... Kumbaya my
10. "Yo how much money do you have?" "69 cents" "AYE you know what that means?" "I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets"
11. "Hurricane Katrina? More like Hurricane Tortilla."
13. "Get to Del Taco. They got a new thing called Freesha-- Free-- Freeshavaca do"
14. "Mothertrucker dude that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick"
17. "Not to be racist or anything but Asian people SSUUGHHH"
18. 18. "I wanna be a cowboy baby... I wanna be a cowboy baby"
19. "Hey, I'm lesbian" "I thought you were American"
20. "I spilled lipstick in your Valentino bag" "you spilled- whaghwhha- lipstick in my Valentino White bag?"
21. "What's better than this? Guys bein dudes"
22. "How'd you get these bumps? ya got
23. "WHAT ARE
24. "Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?"
25. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!" "I can't
27. "How much did you pay for that taco?" Aight yo you know
28. *Birds chirping* "
29. "Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal"
30. "I brought you Frankincense" "Thank you" "I brought you Myrrh" "Thank you" "Mur-
31. "Sleep? I don't know about sleep...it's summertime" "You ain't go to bed?" "Oh she caught me"32. "All I wanna tell you is
34. "Next Please" "Hello" "Sir, this is a mug shot" "A mug shot? I don't even drink coffee"
35. "Hey did you happen to go to class last week?" "I have never missed a class"
36. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves" "My name is Michael with a B and I've been afraid of insects my entire-" "Stop, stop, stop. Where?" "Hmm?" "Where's the B?" "There's a bee?"
37. "There's only one thing worse than a rapist...Boom" "A child" "No"38. "Later mom. What's
40. "Zach stop...Zach stop...You're gonna get in trouble. Zach"
41. "CHRIS! Is that a weed? "No this is a crayon-" I'm calling the police" *puts 911 into microwave* "911 what's your emergency"
42. "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? "
43. *Blowing vape on table* * cameraman blows it away* "ADAM"
44. "Would you like the spider in your hand?" "Yea" "Say please" "Please" *puts spider in hand* *screams*
45. "Oh hi, thanks for checking in I'm still a piece of garrbaagge"
46. *girl blows vape* "...WoW"
47. *running* "...Daddy?" "Do I look like-?"
48. *Pours water onto girl's face" "Hello?"
49. "Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman" "HaaaAHH"
50. "...And they were roommates" "Mah God they were roommates"
I could literally go on forever because I just reference vines on a daily basis. Rest in peace Vine
This week, we were kissed goodbye until next year by the show that's captivated the nation: The Handmaid's Tale. Based on the 1985 novel by Margaret Atwood, the book follows a young woman trapped in a dystopian post-American nation run completely by the elite's interpretation of the Bible. Audiences have followed her journey for two seasons now.
Season 2 came with many emotional roller coasters. Do we feel bad for Serena Joy, or is she permanently stained as evil in our hearts? Whatever happened to Luke and Moira after their five seconds of screentime? How is Hannah's new life as a child of Gilead? Will June ever make it out?
These are the questions most viewers were thinking at the start and end of the season. While many questions were answered, the finale brought with it whole new set. Without spoiling anything, let me just say. Watch the finale in the daylight to be reminded everything's going to be alright after you turn off the TV.
Digital Spy suggests that we'll be seeing our favorite cast members again in the late spring of 2019. Actors Elisabeth Moss, Alexis Bledel, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, OT Fagbenle and Samira Wiley have all confirmed their return.
Will Aunt Lydia be back?.....
To read a full breakdown of the finale by Yvonne Strahovski (Serena Joy Waterford) presented by the New York Post, click here.
Until we binge watch our favorite ladies in red, blue and beige again, be sure to catch up on all episodes of season 2 and 3 on Hulu. That's right, no more waiting for Wednesday.