Cops Aim Gun At 10-Year-Old Boy

Cops Aim Gun At 10-Year-Old Boy

This is more than a mistake.

32
Cops Aim Gun At 10-Year-Old Boy
coxrare.files.wordpress.com

Two weeks ago, cops in New Jersey chased after and aimed a gun at a ten year old. The cops believed that the boy matched the description of a 20 year old man, Casey Joseph Robinson, who had committed armed robbery.

There are several things wrong about this run-in between the ten year old boy and the police. First off, the police left the scene after chasing and pointing a gun at the child without apologizing to him or his mother for their traumatizing mistake. Second of all, it's appalling that those cops could not tell the difference between a 10 year old child and a 20 year old man. Perhaps one of the worst things about this run-in is that the boy looked nothing like the suspect that the cops were searching for.

Here is what the 10 year old boy looked like versus what the 20 year old man looked like:

The boy is pictured on the left while the suspect is pictured on the right. As you can probably tell, the young boy does not look look the suspect. The boy clearly looks young. He clearly has a completely different hairstyle than the suspect. Still, the cops believed that he matched the description of the suspect.

If those cops truly believed that they had the right person while they were chasing a ten year old boy, then they do not deserve to carry a weapon. They have traumatized a child and angered a mother who feared for her son's life. Even though the boy and his mother deserve an apology for what they experienced, an apology certainly isn't enough. This calls for reform. The cops involved in this situation need to be held accountable for their actions. At least, they should be suspended.

The suspect was apprehended a block away from where the ten year old boy was chased.