anti-smoking, cool products to buy instead of e-cigs, 08/06
popular

30 Things I Would Rather Spend $30 On Than A Juul

If you are going to spend $30, here are some things that are really worth your money.

2089

In case you have not heard, a type of e-cigarette called Juul has grown in popularity as an alternative to regular cigarettes and vaping. According to the company's website, "JUUL is an easy to use vaporizer designed for adult smokers looking for a genuine alternative to smoking cigarettes...The JUUL device is rechargeable via our magnetic USB charger and takes roughly one hour to charge fully." Despite the fact that the company itself has received continued backlash and lawsuits for possibly marketing directly to teens and undermining health risks associated with the product, the startup has gained popularity among teens and young adults.

Currently, Juul represents nearly 71% of the e-cig market and the company Juul Labs is valued at $15 billion. In my opinion, although I respect the wishes of the company to attempt to bring a cleaner e-cigarette to the public and respect the decision of those who buy their product (if they are +21 years old), I personally would not want to spend money on these e-cigs. Because of this, here is a list of things I would rather spend my money on than a Juul.

1. Shark Plush Slippers for Grown Ups ($24.99)- ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

2. Smartphone Magnifier ($30)-Uncommon Goods

www.uncommongoods.com

3. Colla Old Bold And Brash Squidward Decorative Painting  ($30.99)- Amazon

Amazon

4. Shakespearean Insults Chart (Unframed $25)- Uncommon Goods

www.uncommongoods.com

5. Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure Score Vinyl LP - Exclusive Color Disc ($24.99)- ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

6. Kikkerland Zip and Flip Elephant Travel Pillow ($27)- Amazon

Amazon

7. Secular Saint Candle - 8.5 Inch Glass Prayer Votive - Made in the USA by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild (Choose from 20 different "saints", $12.95)- Amazon

Amazon

8. Misogynist Tears 6oz Flask ($18)- Bulletin

cdn.shopify.com

9.  Yimaler Selfie Ring Light ($17.99)- Amazon

Amazon

10. Starman David Bowie Pin ($20)- Bulletin

cdn.shopify.com

11. Maps International Scratch the World Travel Map ($28.99)- Amazon

Amazon

12. Colla African Women With Purple Hair  ($27.99)- Amazon

Amazon

13. Design Your Own Headphones ($14.99)- Uncommon Goods

www.uncommongoods.com

14. Funko POP Plush Jumbo Marvel Deadpool Toy Figure ($22.75)- Amazon

Amazon

15. CozyPhones Sleep Headphones with Travel Bag ($24.95)- Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

16. Elodie Unicorn Teapot Set ($19.99)- ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

17. WEILY Lighted Makeup Mirror (Rose Gold, $21.99)- Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

18. ThinkGeek Galaxy Bedding (Twin/Full-$24.99, Queen/King-$29.99)-ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

19. Hedgehog LED Lamp ($25.95)- Mochithings

www.pkgreenshop.co.uk

20. Crying Unicorn Candle ($26.29)- Firebox

media.firebox.com

21. Stuffed Blobfish ($26.29)- Firebox

media.firebox.com

22. Super Mario Mushroom Light ($19.69)- Firebox

media.firebox.com

23. Back in Black AC/DC Vinyl ($19.99)- Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

24. Docolor Makeup Brush Set, 17Pcs Professional Makeup Brushes ($20.99)- Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

25. Spiritual as F**k Yoga Mat ($26.19)- Firebox

media.firebox.com

26. Family Fun S'mores Maker ($24.01)-Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

27. Certified Refurbished Echo Dot ($29.99)-Amazon

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

28. World Color Map Mugs ($24)-Uncommon Goods

www.uncommongoods.com

29. Olde Book Messenger Bag ($24.99)-ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

30. Book light ($24.99)-ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com