10 Movies To Watch On Netflix Instead Of Studying

Take a break from midterms and watch one of these movies on Netflix.

33

With midterms fast approaching (and slowly killing us) it is important to take breaks from studying and homework. Instead of starting a new television series that you will inevitably binge watch, watch one of these movies on Netflix. They will be a great distraction, but after the two hours are up you will be able to resume normal life without the urge to watch the next episode. I recommend these 10 films.

1. "To All The Boys I've Loved Before"

It's no secret that Netflix has stepped up their game when it comes to original movies. This movie has blown up among teens and young adults. Pretty much every girl falls in love with Noah Centenio, so do yourself a favor and see what all the hype is about.

2. "Sierra Burgess Is A Loser"

This movie faced some criticism, and it is a plot we've seen 100 times, but the movie features Noah Centenio and is another great distraction without being too emotionally invested.

3. "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days"

This classic romantic comedy follows a girl using a guy to write an article (next article idea?) and a guy who is trying to get the girl to fall in love with him. If that sounds like a recipe for disaster to you, then you should watch the movie and see how it plays out.

4. "The Kissing Booth"

This movie came out over the summer, and though it has its cringy moments that make you want to look away out of embarrassment it is also the perfect film for a quick, happy distraction.

5. "The Conjuring" 

Because it is October and Halloween is right around the corner, it seemed fitting to include a scary movie. For those brave enough, "The Conjuring" is available to watch on Netflix. Watch it, get scared and get back to studying!

6. "Like Father"

Kristen Bell and Kelsey Grammer play a father and daughter who were estranged until the daughter gets drunk and takes her father on her honeymoon. This film might not be worthy of five stars, but the plot is enough to keep you invested.

7. "Penelope"

This is a movie I saw when I was a kid. I remember loving it and really want to watch it again. The movie is about a girl, Penelope, who is born with a pig nose, and she must find love in order to break the curse.

8. "Set It Up"

"Set It Up" follows two assistants who work for insane bosses. The two decide to set up their bosses to make their own lives easier. What could go wrong?

9. "Nappily Ever After"

This movie is about a woman who learns to love herself as she is. She struggles with dealing with the pressures of perfectionism. It isn't a romantic comedy as categorized I wouldn't say, but it is a drama with hints of humor.

10. "Sing"

Channel your inner child while watching this movie of animals who enter a singing competition. This movie has fun songs and is one everyone will enjoy no matter your age.