Most Eugene homes and apartments do not have air conditioning, so here are some ideas of things to do when it is just too hot.
1. Visit Dexter Lake
Dexter lake is a very popular lake for college students, spend some time taking advantage of the heat with swimming and relaxing by the water.
2. Go to the Valley River Center Mall
The mall is always air conditioned and you can make a day of it just walking around and hanging out.
3. Visit Prince Puckler's ice cream shop
Prince Puckler's by far has the best ice cream in Eugene, take advantage of it on the super hot summer days.
4. Visit Eugene Science CenterGiphy
The Eugene Science Center has very cool planetarium shows, did I mention it is air conditioned...
5. Find a friend with a pool at their apartments
Most big apartment complexes in Eugene have pools, so make friends with someone who lives there!
6. Float the Willamette
Floating the Willamette is one of the most classic Eugene summer activities.
7. Visit the Eugene Rose Garden
The Eugene rose garden is beautiful, and has lots of shaded areas for picnics.
8. Visit the Jack B. Lively Memorial Park
The memorial park has an indoor water slide, and a wave pool.
9. Go to the Get Air trampoline park
Spend time jumping around the trampoline park and getting exercise in somewhere that isn't the gym.