Cookie Season is Coming!!

Cookie Season is Coming!!

Holiday Season is coming which means that baking a ton of cookies is becoming social acceptable again

43
Cookie Season is Coming!!

It’s that time year everyone! Fall is the beginning of the great long season of baking for the holidays. At the moment, it’s pumpkin everything season and that doesn’t leave much room for diversity. BUT after October 31st, it is then officially cookie baking season. In my home growing up Christmas break meant it was time to bring out the bulk baking factory. We would each pick our favorite recipe, then triple or quadruple the recipe to have enough cookies to last through Christmas and beyond. I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite cookies my family loves to bake and eat pounds of. I hope these are inspiring as well as experimental and to help you to try new recipes!

Classic Chocolate Chip

This one of course is necessary. The nostalgia of a soft, chewy and VERY chocolatey chip cookie with the perfect glass of cold milk is what I look forward to eating on Christmas Eve. I, of course, leave a plate of these out for Santa each year because why would I deprive him of these sweet classics.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

These ones are my personal favorite. If there is enough batter left over they go straight in the oven after having a beautiful coating in powdered sugar. These warm right out the oven is the perfect dose of chocolate and are never too sweet. I would say these should be a must try if you have never had them before. Most classic recipes are perfect for every person and the great things is that because cookies are all based on how long you put them in the oven. I suggest these cookies just a little under down and chewy.

Sugar Cookies

This are of course the holiday classic. You can either have these frosted or not but either way they are an overdose of sugar but in the best way. Most sugar comas are induced by the great sugar cookies with an even more sugary frosting. As well as very yummy they also are a lot of fun for you and your family. This is when we allow ourselves to creative and just do whatever we want!

Peanut Blossom Cookies

These are a recent addition our repertoire at home. We are all great fans of the combination of peanut and chocolate so these are perfect. These remember me of warm and soft Reeses’ Cup candies. As well as new t our family, these ones can be temperamental. A warning I have for these cookies is that they do not always turn out like the pictures but that of course never effects the taste!

Traditional Mexican Wedding Cookies

This one is a suggestion from our friends. These are normally served as dessert at Mexican weddings and are delicious and decadent. These always reminded me of what Turkish Delight looks like in the movie adaptation of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. As well as being a nice combination of sweet and nutty they also are the perfect bite size so you can eat like twelve of them!

Gingerbread Cookies

These come close to just as fun as the sugar cookies. Although these are an acquired taste for some they are very fun and enjoyable. Especially because they can be cute, small people and become giant homes that allow so much creativity.

Candy Cane Cookies

These ones are of course very fitting to this holiday. These ones are just like sugar cookies but have a minty taste to them that brings to you the idea of mint candies. These are fun and can be a tedious thing to make but enjoying the process is fun for the family.

There are of course plenty of cookie recipes that are fun for the whole family. This can also be a really sweet activity for you and your significant other. The Holidays are meant to be a time to be with each other and spend time being crafty, you might as well make something very yummy that can help keep your sweet tooth satisfied!