7 Conspiracy Theories I Can't Stop Thinking About

"People love conspiracy theories." - Neil Armstrong

399
https://pixabay.com/photos/marilyn-monroe-actress-fashion-402096/

1. JonBenét Ramsey

Who killed JonBenét Ramsey? This story is a very sad one but one that I think about all the time. JonBenét was found murdered in her Colorado home on December 26th, 1996. She was first declared as missing when her mother found a ransom note left in their house demanding $118,000 for her return. The crime scene was handled messily and a lot of initial DNA was tampered due to the family being allowed to clean the home. There are many suspects in this case including her mother Patsy, her older brother Burke, "Santa Claus" who was a family friend, a registered sex offender in the area, and numerous other suspects. The crime remains unsolved.

Source

2. Marilyn Monroe

After her death was ruled a suicide, people believed that there may have been foul play involved in the death of Marilyn Monroe. Factors like her being involved with the Kennedy's, and that the ambulance was not called until approximately 4 hours after her reported time of death, seems as though something or someone was trying to cover something up. She was also believed to have had knowledge of the government's involvement with UFO's and was threatening to leak the classified information leading up to her death.

Source

3. Maura Murray

On February 9th, 2004 after a car crash in New Hampshire, Maura Murray disappeared and her whereabouts are still unknown to this day. The strange part is that she packed up her dorm, emptied her bank account, purchased a lot of alcohol and left in the middle of a giant snowstorm by herself. The police found her car with all her belongings except her debit and credit cards, and her cell phone. The police followed footsteps leading from her car but eventually lost the track into the woods. Now, 15 years later, no one knows what happened to her.

Source

4. Titanic

Did you know the Titanic has a sister ship, that looked exactly like it called the Olympic? It's believed that the Olympic was the ship that sailed on April 14thas part of insurance fraud. There are many different theories about the titanic like the fact that J.P Morgan changed his mind to sail shortly before the ship departed, or that there was another ship a short distance away from the sinking site that had no passengers, only lifejackets, lifeboats, and supplies.

Source

5. Dyatlov Pass

In 1959, nine soviet college students were killed under mysterious circumstances while hiking through the Ural Mountains in Russia. Their cause of death was ruled as hypothermia but there are numerous theories explaining how they died including theories of aliens, serial killers, and government experiments. The strange thing is that some possessed signs of severe internal trauma while others showed traces of radiation. Half the bodies were found naked, the other half found wearing the others' clothes.

Source

6. Diana, Princess of Wales

Its no secret that Princess Diana was not liked by the royal family, specifically Queen Elizabeth. Her nontraditional views and parenting styles infuriated Queen Elizabeth, so when the 1997 crash in Paris occured, many people began speculating if the crash was indeed an accident. Diana has journal entries addressing how she didn't feel safe, and that her life was in danger well before the accident. Some also believe that the car itself was tampered with, and that her medical care following the accident was sabotaged. Her care at the scene of the crash was extremely delayed and that her trip to the hospital occurred way after the time of the crash.

Source

7. The Missing Sodder Children

On Christmas Eve, December 24th, 1945 a fire destroyed the Sodder family home in Fayetteville, West Virginia. At the time when it started on fire, George, his wife Jennie and their 9 children lived in the home. George and Jennie and 4 of the children escaped the fire but the other 5 children have never been found. George tried to reenter the house to save them but found that the ladder he kept by the house was mysteriously missing, and both his trucks would not start although they worked perfectly fine the day before. Upon further investigation, they learned that their phone lines had been cut, not burned. The family believe that the fire was started on purpose and that their 5 children survived, but no one has heard from them in 74 years.

Source