5 Conspiracy Theories To Think About

5 Conspiracy Theories To Think About

3. The Moon Landing

400
5 Conspiracy Theories To Think About
The Hollywood Gossip

Let me start this by saying, I freaking love conspiracy theories. If you’re anything like me, you can sit for hours just watching conspiracy theory videos in your room. I not only find them fascinating but also highly entertaining. Now there are some theories out there that I think are absolutely ridiculous, but there are a few that made me sit back and think.

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim to be a conspiracy theorists nor do I necessarily believe all the theories I'm about to list. They simply are fascinating to me and were entertaining and cool to think about.

1. Avril Lavigne

Now this theory blew up this year! It all started with a twitter thread that left everybody talking about it. Basically, if you haven’t heard, the old Avril can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Because she’s dead.

This theory claims that Avril Lavigne died back in 2003, and the Avril that we know and see today is an imposter named Melissa Vandella. So, it apparently starts out in 2003 when Avril Lavigne was at the peak of her career, her grandfather past away. Now Avril already had a doppelganger named Melissa who would go out in Hollywood and pretend to be her, so Avril wouldn’t have to deal with the paparazzi. Melissa was hired by the record label and Avril knew about her existence. Avril and Melissa reportedly became very close and they were always hanging out or in the studio together. Now since Avril’s grandfathers passing, she began to become depressed and isolated, and apparently, Avril committed suicide. Because Avril was extremely famous and well known back in the early 2000s, her record label decided not to release the news of her death, but instead have Melissa take her place. And because Avril had already recorded her newest album, all Melissa had to do was lip sync and no body would know. Recently, people have been on the hunt to find differences that prove that Avril is actually Melissa. The biggest evidence people can find is the the "old" Avril and "new" Avril look completely different. And I'm not just talking about a new hair color or maybe plastic surgery. But the current 2017 Avril has a completely different face, handwriting, and even music style.

2. Mandela Effects

Okay now I used to be (still am) obsessed with these! Although no one may really talk about them anymore, they are still trippy and cool to think about. There are so many Mandela effects that I could make a whole list just dedicated to them. If you don’t know or haven’t heard of Mandela effects, it's basically when a large portion of people or a society believe something to be true, but in fact it isn’t. Many theorists believe that we all remember something being different than what it actually is, because we’re living in an alternate universe. It all started when everyone believed that Nelson Mandela had died back in the 1980s but he actually didn’t pass away until 2013. Respectively, people lost their minds swearing that they remembered his death and seeing his funeral on TV back in the 80s. And that is why it is named the Mandela effect. Some of my favorite Mandela effects include:

The classic Berenstein/Berenstain bears. This Mandela effect was the one that started it all and became the most popular. I, and most other people, always remember the popular children’s book The Berenstein Bears. Well, wrong! It has actually been spelled "The Berenstain Bears" this entire time. Another popular Mandela effect is from the movie Silence of the Lambs. If you ask most people, they will tell you that there is a line in the movie when Hannibal first meets Clarice and says “Hello, Clarice”. However, that never happened! The only thing he ever says to her is “Good morning”. And finally, my personal favorite Mandela effect comes from Star Wars with arguably one of the most iconic lines in the series, “Luke, I am your father”. Now prepare to have your minds blown because Darth Vader never says that! Vader only says “No, I am your father”. So is it possible that essentially the whole world got this wrong, or is something else going on?

3. The Moon Landing

Ah, the classical conspiracy theory that the moon landing is a hoax. This is one of the first original conspiracy theories and has been debated for years. Theorists believe that most or all parts of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon was faked and that Neil Armstrong was never the first man on the moon. Back in the 60s, Russia and America were racing to see who could be the first country to successfully send a human to the moon. This is why theorists believe that America faked the moon landing, so that they could have an edge and claim to send the first people to the moon. Believers of the theory think that the "moon landing" that was televised on tv, was actually filmed on a film set and studio. Evidence for this theory includes that in the video of Buzz Aldrin planting the American flag into the moon, it can be seen waving, almost as if there is wind or air movement. Even though the moon is a vacuum and that there is no air movement up in space. There is also the infamous "C" rock, where a moon rock appears to have the letter c written on it. Theorists assume that the rock was used as a prop and simply never got turned over.

4. Chemtrails

Now I'm sure that at some point in your life, you have looked up at the sky and seen weird white lines left behind by planes. The official name for those white strands in the sky is contrails. However, people started wonder what they were and what their purpose was, and that's when the theories started to emerge. The most popular conspiracy theory surrounding chemtrails is that the government is flying planes over us and putting out some sort of chemical that can either harm us or the environment. Theorists believe thats the effects can range from diseases, to causing natural disasters. However, many scientists have claimed that the white lines are actually a form of contrails. Either way it's still interesting to think about.

5. The Illuminati

Now I'm sure the everyone has heard of the illuminati or New World Order. The theory goes that the illuminati is a extremely secretive organization that only the worlds elite can gain membership to. That is often times why many people believe that big Hollywood celebrities are in the illuminati. The goal of the illuminati is to eventually take over and control the world. Now some people might not know this, but at one point in history the illuminati actually existed. In the 1770s in Germany, a university professor founded a secret organization that advocated for free thinking and liberalism. Now, the illuminati from the 1700s has since been dispersed and broken up. However, people still believe that it still goes on today. Celebrities who make a triangle with their hands are thought to be members of the illuminati, because that is the universally known sign of the illuminati. Whether or not the illuminati still exists today, maybe will always be a mystery to us.