16 Conspiracy Theories That Will Make You Question Everything You Think Is True

From Rugrats to Lady Gaga to Walt Disney....

10830
The Independent

I've always been a huge fan of conspiracy theories. This interest spans back to my high school days when I clicked on a Youtube conspiracy theory all about crisis actors that claimed the Sandy Hook attacks weren't real. Since then, I've found myself spending way too much time on Youtube watching Michelle Platti and Shane Dawson discuss their favorite conspiracy theories. Here are sixteen conspiracy theories that I find super interesting, and some of which I actually believe. Disclaimer - I don't believe all of these, I just find them to be really interesting and think everyone who is into conspiracy theories should check them out.

1. Crisis actors are real.

Crisis actors are individuals who are paid to go on the news after a horrific event and act as if they were there or are survivors. There is proof of crisis actors being used for the Sandy Hook shooting, 9/11, Boston bombing, along with other major events.

2. The entire universe was created just last Thursday.

This theory blows my mind and is a little out of my understanding, but it's still super interesting. This theory says simply that the entire universe was created just last Thursday, with the appearance of being billions of years old. Everything that has happened in time actually happened between last Thursday and today, from major historical events to every single personal thing that's ever happened to you.

3. The fluoride in water is there so the government can control us.

The United States is the only place in the world that puts fluoride in their water. Want to know the last time there was detectable fluoride in water? In Nazi Germany. Apparently, some fluoride in water can prevent tooth decay....which is really helpful, but do we really think Hitler cared about people's teeth? Fluoride in water is linked to making people more submissive and easier to control...which may mean the government is trying to make us submissive so if they need to take over us, they easily can.

4. Louis Tomlinson's baby is fake.

This theory is linked to another theory many One Direction fans have - that Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles were in a romantic relationship. Many believe the birth of Louis' baby was an act used to distract from the Larry relationship. Buzzfeed has a really interesting article that goes into great detail over this theory, from strange Twitter posts to a member of the PR team giving birth very close to the birth of baby Freddie.

5. The Titanic never actually sank.

This theory does not doubt that a ship sank, however, it wasn't actually the Titanic. It was the Olympic. The theory states that White Star committed insurance fraud by patching up the Olympic, a similar ship, and saying it was the Titanic. It is also really strange that there were so many last minute cancellations for this ship by many high-class individuals. Perhaps they knew about the switch?

6. All of the babies in Rugrats are not real and are from Angelica's imagination.

All of the babies in Rugrats are not real and are from Angelica's imagination.

This cartoon conspiracy theory is one of the first conspiracy theories I've ever believed and is what really sparked my interest in conspiracy theories. Here's the theory: All of the babies are dead and were created by Angelica's lonely and playful imagination. Tommy was stillborn, which explains why his father spends so much time in his basement creating toys for the son he almost had. The DeVilles had an abortion, which is why there is both a boy and a girl. Angelica didn't know the baby's gender, so she just created both. Chucky and his mother died in a car crash, leaving his dad a complete mess. The only real baby is Dil, which explains why he won't follow all of Angelica's commands.

7. The Flintstones is actually set in the future.

This is so interesting to me and I'd like to personally shout out Shane Dawson for introducing me to this theory. The Flintstones is actually set in a post-apocalyptic future, where the surviving humans most recreate society. If you've seen the show, you know they have their own version of many modern-day inventions, such as a bird as a record player. They even celebrate Christmas. But how could they possibly know of all of these modern inventions to the point of recreating things? This article explains things a bit deeper, so I'd encourage you to check this out if you're interested.

8. Airlines want you to die in the event of a plane crash.

In the event of a plane crash, if you were to survive and sue the airline, you would likely win big. So why would an airline want you to survive? It is believed that the brace position airlines teach you to get in will result in death because if you are in that position upon impact, your head will smash into the seat in front of you and break your neck. People have also claimed they've witnessed flight attendants taking on a different position.

9. Lizard people are running the world.

Many celebrities are rumored to be lizard people, from former president Barack Obama to Justin Bieber. Just a simple Youtube search of "lizard people proof" will land you with many clips of celebrities that are said to be lizard people. Take this video of Miley Cyrus for example.

10. Katy Perry is actually JonBenet Ramsey.

JonBenet Ramsey was a young beauty queen who was tragically murdered in 1996. Or is she actually Katy Perry? That's why many conspiracy theorists believe. Not only do they look quite similar, but their parents look quite alike as well. The age difference does raise some eyebrows, however, and I personally don't quite buy this one.

11. J.K. Rowling didn't write Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is one of the most successful series ever. Author J.K. Rowling started from nowhere, a poor woman writing her Harry Potter ideas on scrap pieces of paper and the corners of napkins. Doesn't America love the classic success story like Rowling's? In 2005, Norwegian film director Nina Grünfeld made the claim that Rowling was actually a ghostwriter. She was paid to play up her rags to riches story to increase interest in Harry Potter. Ghostwriting is not a new concept in the world of literature and while this could very well be possible, I personally find this theory lacks evidence for me to be convinced.

12. Walt Disney's body is frozen.

Walt Disney lost his battle with lung cancer in 1966. Since then, theories have surfaced that Disney's body was frozen and stored somewhere in a Disney park. Some believe he asked for his body to be chemically frozen until there was a cure for lung cancer so he could live again.

13. Someone else is singing Britney Spears' songs.

All my life I've heard the rumors that Britney Spears doesn't actually sing at her concerts. Whether or not that is true is one thing, but there's also a rumor she doesn't even sing on her recorded albums. She's simply taking the claim from one of her backup singers, Myah Marie. Marie's father has even made statements claiming that his daughter sang all of the vocals on many of Spears' songs.

14. Lady Gaga is a murderer.

In 2008, up-and-coming singer Linda Morgana died. Stefani (aka Lady Gaga) knew Linda and was her backup singer and co-writer. Linda was starting to really make a name for herself in the music industry and then tragically passed away. Just a few months later, Lady Gaga released her debut album. Many link Lady Gaga's crazy style to be a copy of Linda's previous style. Many of Linda's family members came forward saying Gaga was constantly copying Linda's music and style. This has led many people to believe Gaga pushed Linda from a building instead of Linda jumping herself to her own death. Even on Linda Morgana's website, her family says they don't think her death was a suicide. Later, in a music video, Gaga has a clip of someone pushing her from the side of a building which has raised many eyebrows. This Thought Catalog article includes a Twitter thread that goes into greater detail as to why many believe this theory.

15. Taylor Swift is a clone...of a satanic priestess.

This one really creeps me out. Isn't the picture above enough proof? Taylor Swift looks a lot like satanist Zeena LaVey. Many people say they're clones but others just think they're related. Maybe Zeena is Taylor's real mom?

16. The Illuminati.

Saving the best for last, The Illuminati is one of the most popular conspiracy theories out there. The Illuminati used to be a real thing but was shut down soon after formation and banned. Many believe that The Illuminati is still alive and running, with many people in power as members. In fact, Beyonce and Jay Z are both linked to powerful Illuminati roles. There are also a lot of really creep Illuminati messages in many Disney shows or movies, making many believe the Disney company is linked to the Illuminati as well.