5 Reasons to Connect to the Creator

5 Reasons to Connect to the Creator

He's already connected to you.

355
5 Reasons to Connect to the Creator
Heartfull Moments

To Connect to the Creator is to Connect to His Word.

1. It's through His written Word that we can resist the attacks of Satan and Satan himself.

The truth is that "Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy" (John 10:10). God's word is our weapon. It's what God has given us to fight this spiritual battle (Hebrews 6:17) because this fight is "not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Hebrews 6:12). When Satan went to attack Jesus in the wilderness, Jesus responded to each attack with the phrase "It is written..." and He spoke the Word of truth over the lies of Satan (Mathew 4). Because God's truth, His Word, pierces with light through the lies that Satan tries to darken our minds with. Satan knows the Word probably better than we do. He was one of God's angels once (Isaiah 14:12-15). In fact, he was one of the most important angels. He knows how to switch up just a few words so that it sounds truthful enough to be the truth (Genesis 3:1-4), but if you know the real truth no lie can get passed you. Light shins brighter in the midst of darkness. If God's Word is in our hearts, when the lies come, the truth will shine brighter in the midst of all that darkness trying to creep in.

2. It's through His Word that our minds are transformed.

God uses His Word to convict us about the matters in our hearts that aren't right and of the things that we do that don't please Him.

"For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrows; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Without reading His Word, we will continue to stay ignorant in the ignorance of our sins. Our minds can't be transformed without conviction of ourselves and of the things we do that we have deemed as not a big enough sin to bring us down spiritually, but like the saying goes "a little leaven leavens the whole lump" (Galatians 5:9). All it takes is a little bit of sin to darken our hearts. His Word pierces through our hearts and souls bringing to light all the dark areas and gives us the knowledge our minds need to alter our behavior and to continue on or start walking in the truth and light of His Word.

"How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to Your Word. Order my steps in Your Word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me." Psalms 119:9,133

If we speak His Word into our lives and declare it over our life each and every day, It'll transform us inside and out with each passing day. It'll become a part of us, of who we are.

3. It's through His Word that God guides us.

God left us His Word as a guide in this life. His Word is as much as a physical guide through life as it is a spiritual one. His Word always has both a physical and spiritual application for our lives. There is no problem that can't be solved with God's Word. There is no answer that can't be found in God's Word. All we have to do is seek Him with all our hearts, silence our hearts, and we'll find all our heart, mind, and soul needs in Him, in His Heart (Jeremiah 29:13). His Word is our light when our worlds become dark.

"Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Psalm 119:105

4. It's through His Word in us that we will shine and the world will know that we are His.

What we put in comes out. Plant a apple tree seed, a apple tree will grow. Our hearts are just the same. If we plant hatred in it, hatred will spring out. If we plant love in it, love will spring out. By reading God's Word, we are planting its seed in our hearts, and as we continue to nurture it by spending time with the Source it will sprout from our hearts into everything we do; and everything we do, small and big, will point back to Him and the world will know that we are His because His light shines through us. Because He shines in us, we shine over the world. It's a beautiful thing to behold, creation pointing back to the Creator through it's creation.

"...Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the Word of life." Philippians 2:15a-16b

5. It's through His Word that He directly speaks to us, and He wants to directly speak to you.

This is something that God has been heavily speaking into my heart. It's so easy to replace God's Word with Christian blogs, Christian books, Christian podcasts, Christian friends, CHURCH, and other Christian resources. All these things are good, don't get me wrong. But those things or people should never replace God's Word in our life. God wants to speak directly to us. For example, if you're in a relationship with someone you wouldn't want to communicate to that person through their best friend all the time. Occasionally, it's' okay because it's sometimes hard to get ahold of a person. But there are some things that regardless of how long it'll take you to reach that person you'll wait because it needs to be said directly to the other person. My point is there are some things that God wants to speak directly to us, and He can only that through His Word. He wants a direct relationship with us. Tune in and listen. There's nothing like listening to the Father's voice as He whispers into our hearts.

"Faith (the beginning of our relationship with God) comes from hearing, and hearing through the Word of God." Romans 10:17

Heartfull Whispers