6 All-Too-Real Confessions Of A Shopaholic College Woman

Life's too short not to have cute clothes.

74

If you know me personally, you know how much I love shopping. So much so, I use to have two rooms full of clothes I never wore.

After doing a much-needed closet purge over the summer, I've managed to reach a point in my life where most, if not all, of the things in my closet are things I actually wear or will eventually wear in the near future.

I also noticed a significant difference in my bank account. Being more cautious and picky of what I choose to spend my hard earned money on has kept my bank account higher than I've ever seen it.

So, here are 6 confessions of a slightly tamed shopoholic:

1. I love sales.

Duh. A true shopoholic subscribes to emails and newsletters. They wait till a certain pair of shoes go on sale, and they know exactly when it will. They're what you'd call "smart shoppers."

2. I'm a hoarder.

I've managed to let go of, like, 90% of clothes I didn't need or want anymore over the summer, but I'm still a hoarder at heart. Clothes, makeup, decor, etc.

3. I try to avoid excessive and/or unnecessary thrifting.

When I first got into thrifting, I noticed a surge in my money spending and my closet stuffing. I was buying things I most likely would never wear because I kind of liked it and it was cheap. Don't be me, kids.

4. I love stalking fashion bloggers on Instagram.

I love getting inspiration for the clothes I decide to purchase. I like finding new ways to style pieces and seeing how others may style something I'd style differently.

5. I love scrolling through Pinterest.

Pinterest is the motherload of all inspiration. The cool thing about it is the ability to create "boards" aka categories for all your interests—for all your Pinterests.

6. I always look for coupons before purchasing something.

This is a big one. I've learned to look for coupons before I decide to purchase almost anything. There's almost always a way to get money off of something. Why wouldn't you wanna save some coin?