Confessions Of A Disney College Program Applicant Stuck in "AR"

This is for everyone who asks me if I've heard back yet.

58

For those of you not familiar with the Disney College Program, it's a semester-long internship (which can be extended) in which you can work in either Walt Disney World or Disneyland, while still getting "college credit." I applied for the Disney College Program's Fall Advantage program early this January. Immediately, I joined a Facebook group full of fellow applicants and saw so many of them were receiving Web-Based Interviews (WBI), which are basically questionnaires they have you take before moving on to the Phone Interview (PI). I wasn't worried at first; I knew mine would come eventually. But I soon realized it wasn't coming anytime soon, and the dread set in. On the dashboard, it just says "Status: Application Received," thus implying I am "stuck in AR" as everyone says. I immediately found myself becoming close friends with people who are in the same boat as me, and my day-to-day became checking my Disney dashboard hourly, freaking out over text with my friends, and crying to Disney music in my dorm room at 9 P.M. on a Friday night.

What made me most upset was people in the Facebook group who applied weeks after me had already been accepted. I started to feel like Disney didn't want me, and that was my biggest fear. The company that I had basically dedicated my life to didn't want me... but Recruiter Christy, one of the top-dogs of Disney Recruitment, became my life line. I turned her tweet notifications on and everyday I wake up to check if WBIs are going out that day. It's such a blessing that even though we are anxiously waiting, at least we know what's happening.

So for those of you asking: no, I have not heard back from Disney yet. I have not even gotten a WBI yet. But that's totally fine. I know my day will come. And if I don't get accepted this season, I can try again until I do get in. Literally the only thing keeping me going is faith, trust, and pixie dust. All the recruiters say to trust the process, so that's what I will do. If you've applied and are also stuck in AR, I'm sending pixie dust your way. Good luck and see you on the other side!

PS. Congratulations to everyone who has already gotten in!