Why Concerts Make Some Of The Best Memories

"Music is the strongest form of magic."
124

Music is one of the most impactful aspects of everyone's lives. Music inspires, empowers, motivates, and understands. It's no wonder why concerts and the experiences that accompany them can be so memorable. You never forget your first concert, whether it was seeing your favorite band or artist only a year ago or seeing Hannah Montana live when you were 8 years old. What is it about concerts that are so compelling?

Concerts are compiled of some of the ineffable experiences. The energy in and of itself is almost indescribable; anticipation for your favorite artist to take the stage, falling in love with new music by an opening act, hundreds of people cheering nonstop, feeling each kick of the bass drum as if it's in your bones. Once the artist takes the stage, you forget anything and everything that's been bothering you, and all that matters is the fun you're having, and hearing the music you love being played live. It's even incredible to hear every person in the venue singing along to your favorite song, every voice reverberating throughout the vicinity, every lyric meaning something different to each person.

Along with the exhilaration from the atmosphere of concerts, the experience as a whole is made even better by the person standing by your side. My best concert experiences were with my best friend, my cousins, or my brother. Whether you're with a friend, family member, sibling, or significant other, the memories made at your favorite concert are even more special when shared with someone you love. Music brings you closer together, and is undeniably a great thing to have in common. The experience is even better when you make a night out of it; getting dinner before the show, figuring out the train route into the city, exploring the city itself, and talking about how great the show was afterwards because you're way too energized to even think about falling asleep.

Whether you've been to several concerts, or only one, it's undoubtedly a moment you are never going to forget. If you're front row, or in the nose-bleed seats, with a friend by your side and your favorite artist on the stage, you're bound to make endless memories and take a considerable amount of pictures and videos (just don't take too many - make sure you enjoy the concert and live in the moment!). Hopefully, we'll all be fortunate enough to be able to see our favorite artists live eventually. Until then, reflect on past concerts, keep an eye out for tour dates, and jam out to your favorite artist.