Concerts Are My Guilty Pleasure, And I'm Not Sorry About It

There is something about the flash of the lights, the sound of the band coming out, the other excited people around you, and the intense feeling of seeing someone you like live. Concerts are such a unique medium that bring together the artists and the fans in a pretty close way. I have been going to concerts for most of my life and I have to say I don't know what it is, but there is something so special about concerts in my life.

No matter how many things that I do in life, I do try to be careful with my money and I try not to overspend on things, but concerts are definitely one of my main guilty pleasures. I am also definitely that person who likes to try and get the VIP/ Meet and Greet Experience when I go to shows. The mindset basically comes from if I am already going to spend the money to go to this show and it is for someone that I really like then why would I not want to be able to meet them. The other part of it too is it's someone that you really love and if the opportunity arises for you to meet someone, you never know when or if you will get to meet them again so why are you going to pass up that opportunity.

As I have grown up, I have become that person who goes to most shows/concerts alone and I am completely okay with it because it is so much fun. Yes, it is awesome to go to concerts with friends and enjoy that time, but I also like to go to shows my way and most of the ones I want to go to most people wouldn't want to go to. But none of that matter because concerts are something that I love and if it is someone that I want to see, I am going to go.

Everybody has their own guilty pleasure and mine is concerts. No matter what yours is whether is concerts or hiking or photography, people's opinion about what you like to do should not and does not matter. You should do what you like and it doesn't matter what people think about it. It's your hobby or guilty pleasure and what people think shouldn't matter. I used to worry about what people would think about me going to concerts by myself, but then I realized how stupid it was. First off, I am probably never going to see these people again. Secondly, if it is something I want to do, I am just going to do it and go to the show, no matter what people think about it.

Concerts/ shows are something that are so interesting to go to because not only are you seeing the people that you love and enjoy, you also get a glimpse into who they are. There may be a set designer for these shows, but the show still comes from the person who you are going to see and that's when you get to see a part of who they are. Creating a show is just that creating something that you love and you want the people who follow you to love. That's why I truly love concerts because they are this small moment of a few hours where the artist and the fans truly get to come together for a special moment.