I Will Not Compromise My Catholic Faith For You

Without my faith, I am nothing.

111
"And this is my prayer: that your love may increase ever more and more in knowledge and every kind of perception, to discern what is of value, so that you may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ." Philippians 1:9-10

Catholicism, some people love it, other people hate it. Some people wish it didn't exist, other people can't live without it. Some people think it's fake, others know it's real. At the end of the day, Catholicism is Catholicism, no matter what side you are on. Personally, I am on the side of I love it, I couldn't live without it, and I know it's real.

Some people aren't afraid to voice their opinion, while others keep to themselves. I have dealt with a good amount of these people, many of whom fight me on my faith. They question it, demanding to know what is so great about the Catholic Church. Sometimes I can give them answers, sometimes I can't. Regardless, you challenging my faith and trying to get me to conform to your beliefs will not work.

What's the big deal? It's all Christianity. Yes, while Catholicism, Lutheranism, and Methodist (to name a few) all are Christian. Christianity is not specifically Catholic, Lutheran, or Methodist! There's a broad difference, and Catholicism is the right choice for me. You will not change my option.

Whether you think it's a myth or not, Catholicism is real, in my life. The experiences I've gone through have proven this, but I am not going to tell my life's story here. Faith is the most important thing is this life to me. God means more to me than my family, friends, my best friend and boyfriend. He's the reason I wear a cross around my neck every day and refuse to take it off. God is the reason I am strong, even when I feel weak.

Without my faith, I am nothing.

With this being said, there have been many times people (such as employers, teachers, friends, and even family) have wanted me to compromise my faith, for their own comfort. Where I work (which will not be stated for safety reasons) I am allowed to wear jewelry, though they tolerate it, I wear quite a bit. I wear my cross and a second necklace with metals along with a Benedict bracelet and a promise ring. At one point a coworker asked me to place my cross necklace inside my shirt. I simply said no. Jewelry is tolerated here so I am allowed to wear it how I am. I will not compromise my faith for work.

If you ask me to not pray when I go out to eat in a public place, HA good luck. If I denied God publicly, would he not deny me when I am standing at his feet for judgment? We live in America, the First Amendment is freedom of religion, meaning I can express my faith freely.

In the end, my faith is all I have that is fully mine. I refuse to give up on it and I will not compromise it for your own "comfort", don't like it? Awesome, that's your choice like being faithful is mine! God bless you!