You Are Complete Without A Significant Other

Stop looking for your other half when you're already a whole.
63

You don't need a significant other to complete you. You yourself are a whole human being without the aid of others. But why is there such a strong belief that you aren't whole until someone comes along and gets in a relationship with you?

I'll be the first to admit that I complain about being single all the time. I like to make jokes about being a single Pringle. For some reason, those are always really well received by my peers. But I haven't really stopped to think about why being single isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

I have heard numerous people talk about how they can't wait to find their "other half." The belief that you even need an "other half" is bogus. You are not one half of a person (unless your left arm and leg have been removed, in which case you're "all right" (I'm not even sorry for that, I love puns)). You are one full human being who can function just fine all by yourself. You don't need another person to make you any better or any more complete than you already are.

We have to stop letting people believe they aren't a complete person until they have a significant other. We have to let people know that they don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to make their lives any better. You are one complete person. You don't need someone else to come along and "put your pieces together."

Stop complaining about being single. Stop thinking you're worth any less just because you're cruising through life alone. You'll find someone when the time is right. You don't need to be in a relationship at all times. You are completely fine being alone, and are a whole person on your own.

Stop making jokes about you being a single Pringle in a self deprecating way. You're a whole tube of Pringles, and you're doing just fine on your own. Who doesn't love Pringles, anyway? One day someone will come along and choose your can of Pringles. But that won't make you any more complete a person than you have been since the day you entered the world. You're doing just fine on your own. Don't stress about your relationship status. And stop thinking you're anything less than whole without a significant other.