A Complete Guide To The Sims 3: Generations

Where you learn that family is the most important thing!

1456
Reddit

Every Sims supporter knows 2009 was an amazing year solely for the official release of The Sims 3; however, the following years were even better because of the release of the expansion packs. One of the best expansion packs released for The Sims 3 was Generations. The Sims 3: Generations focused primarily on its title: familial generations. Each "generation" was given its own individual theme. Children were given the theme "imagination," teens were given the theme "rebellion," young adults and adults were given the theme surrounding their biological clocks, and elders were given the theme of "nostalgia." Because I am a Sims connoisseur and have been equipped with all Sims 3 knowledge, I will be providing a complete guide to The Sims 3: Generations (even though The Sims 4 was released several months ago).

Children

Children became more interactive in The Sims 3: Generations. Various activities and features were added to make playing with Sims children even more fun. After school activities were added just for children: ballet and scouting. The school itself even offers field trips to several locations around town, and the children will be able to attend (with their parents' permission, of course) and collect souvenirs. Even more than that, children are now able to play dress up, host tea parties, play in their tree house, and even have an imaginary friend!

Teenagers

The Teen life stage in The Sims 3: Generations is probably the most fun life stage a player will encounter. There were several features added to this stage alone. Similar to children, Sims teenagers are able to go on field trips and bring souvenirs home; however, the most fun comes with the new "real-life" activities granted to them. Sims teenagers are now able to pull pranks (inside their homes, around the town, and at school), learn how to drive, be punished and lose privileges, and throw wild parties while the adults are out of town. Furthermore, Sims teenagers have the ability to "snub" one another, have mood swings, and even attend prom! The amount of things to do during this life stage are endless.

Young Adults and Adults

Not many new features were added to the young adult/adult life stage. The features that were added include midlife crisis, the new date option, and the ability to purchase flowers for a romantic interest. There was even a new profession installed, the Daycare profession, and this allowed any young adult or adult Sim to run a daycare service from the comfort of their own home.

Elders

Similar to Young Adults and Adults, not many new features were added to the Elders. The only true exciting aspect about Elder Sims is that they are able to harass the younger Sims and wave their canes at them. A Sims 3: Generations player will also find that Elder Sims love reminiscing on the past and boasting about their family, especially their grandchildren.

If any of these features sound interesting or entertaining to you, it's because they are! This means that you should probably purchase this expansion pack (even if you are five years late to the game) and install it as soon as possible. Happy Simming!