Comparing Your Life To Others

To The Person Who Compares Their Life To Everyone Else's

Everyone has different stages in life at different times and ages.

296
comparing your life to others

If you're like me, then you're still in college, living at home, dating the love of your life, and working a job like crazy. Meanwhile, you have friends you went to school or church with and they're all graduating, getting married, starting a new career, having a baby, and just living their best life — all while you're struggling to not lose your mind over what you have going on.

Doing that can make you feel like you're not good enough, or that you're doing something wrong.

Believe me, I know the feeling. However, while comparing yourself is healthy to an extent, anything past it can only result in disaster.

Everyone compares themselves to other people, it's only human natural (that's an "Office" reference for you, you're welcome). We all look at someone and go, "Man I wish I had my own car" or "Why can't I get married like they can? They're younger than me!" Isn't it funny watching younger people get married? They still seem like kids compared to you. Now, let me be the one to tell you that you shouldn't get all worked up just because someone is ahead of you in life.

For all you know, they have the same anxieties you do about trying to keep everything together.

Everyone has different stages in life. While we all might be around the same age, it doesn't mean we're all in the same place. Take this opportunity to take a step back, if you truly want to compare yourself to them, and watch what is happening in their life. They could be struggling with money despite all of the advances in life they're making, and you could be too! So use the comparison to take healthy steps in enriching your life by being a little more careful with what goes on.

"Life goes on," as Dwight Schrute says.

You'll get there eventually as long as you keep working hard and sticking to it. The right time will come and it'll happen faster than you'd like it to. We're all ready for change, but we're always unprepared when it comes. Hang in there. Good times are ahead!