So, commuting and just taking the bus, in general, has a bad rep. And trust me I know that taking the bus ain't always a ray of sunshine but I'm all about looking at the bright side. So I hope this gives you a bit of a new perspective and you start enjoying that bus commute.
1. You don't have to pay for gasGiphy
Let me tell you, gas is expensive as flip and it just keeps increasing in price. So, bless up and taking the bus for only $1.75 a ride.
2. You can take a nap instead of drivingGiphy
Been there done that. Was I planning to nap? No not really but hey I don't have to worry about driving so might as well enjoy.
3. If you forgot to do homework now's the time to do itGiphy
So I've tried doing this and it actually works. Most of my best work actually comes from that morning commute to work.
4. If you're social enough, you can make friendsGiphy
Fun fact: I met my best friend in middle school during a bus ride. We took that bus for all three years together and she's still my bestie to this day. So who knows, you might just meet your best friend on that commute.
5. It's a good time to listen to that podcast you need to catch up onGiphy
I just started listening to podcasts and it has changed my life. They are the perfect thing to wake me up in the morning and entertain me throughout that long ride even though I have a serious thinking face while listening.
6. You can jam out internally to your musicGiphy
This is literally me inside. Ok, so I'm going, to be honest. I wish I could outwardly jam out to my music but sadly that would be super weird. So I'll stick to tapping my finger and bopping my head every once in a while.
7. You're helping the environmentGiphy
Thats right, it's like a huge carpool opportunity.
8. You don't have to worry about parkingGiphy
When you drive to a busy place finding parking can literally take HOURS! So do yourself a favor and save yourself that time.
9. You don't have to pay for parkingGiphy
Yeah $12 a day for parking, not happening. Do you know how many things I could buy with that kind of money?
10. You have an ETA that is usually spot onGiphy
That estimated time of arrival is usually spot on, so don't you even worry about being late.
11. It will give you many stories to tellGiphy
There will be good ones and bad ones but at the end of the day, a story is a story. And those bus rides stories are the ones that never get old and that you never forget