I'm A Commuter Student And I'm Proud

I'm A Commuter Student And I'm Proud

You may look at me like I'm crazy, but for me it's just another day.

Being a commuter student can often be looked down upon especially when you make a commute that is over 30 minutes. Personally, I make an hour commute 2 days a week to class and then extra days during the week depending on what I have going on with my organizations. To some of you, this may seem crazy, to me, it's just another day.

Driving isn't as bad as it seems when it's all interstate and you really don't mind the drive. Some people would not be able to do it, but I do it without complaint. See, being a commuter student doesn't make me any different from you besides I just spend more time in a car and I don't get the extra sleep — literally that is all. I go to class on Tuesday and Thursday for the convenience of my job. Even when I lived in the same town as my university I went to class only on Tuesday and Thursday because I could also work decent hours.

SEE ALSO: I Commute To College AND Live At Home And That's OK

Even though I am a commuter I still get involved, I still get to see my friends, and I always have somewhere to crash in case I can't make it home that night. It really isn't as bad as it seems. I know you're thinking, why waste the gas? Why waste the time driving? Why would you want to do that? To be honest, it's pretty nice living away from my university and college town sometimes because when I am at home I have somewhere to go that isn't as stressful, I have somewhere to go that doesn't cost nearly as much to live in like it does in my college town.

As long as I have a good playlist going and I have some water or coffee I can drive and drive and be perfectly fine. You get used to it after awhile, really I'm no different than the girl that lives near campus.

Sometimes people look at me like I am crazy for commuting an hour to school, but I just do it with hesitation. Being a commuter student can have its ups and downs, but in my opinion, there is still more ups.