Yes, Community College Still Counts As College, It's Just Cheaper

Yes, Community College Still Counts As College, You Just Graduate Without Being Six Figures In Debt

Don't ever let anyone tell you that community college isn't a "real college."

63

A college education counts no matter where it's coming from; online, abroad, a four-year university, or the cheapest option, community college.

Community college is a great start for high school students looking to dual enroll, college students making up or taking summer courses and even the adults taking night classes to earn the degree they've always wanted.

Plus, community colleges are SUPER convenient distance wise. Usually, there is one or two in every city, which makes it a short commute for anyone who doesn't live near a big university.

What's even greater about a community college is that they're smaller. Trust me, there's nothing wrong with going to a small school.

The buildings are all within a no more than 5-minute walk from each other, you have smaller class sizes, usually no more than 30 unless it's a lecture hall, AND you're more likely to get personalized help from a professor.

Plus, the math, writing and science tutoring centers are likely not to be all that crowded at various points of the day, so you basically have access to help whenever you need it.

I went to a community college right after high school because I got a two-year scholarship that allowed me to receive my associate's degree for free, and truthfully, it was the best decision I'd ever made.

My class sizes were small and I was able to ask for help without feeling embarrassed, I was able to visit my professor's office whenever I needed or wanted to, and, because it was free, I didn't have to pay for ANYTHING minus a few textbooks.

At first, I was a little jealous of all the people I knew who were going off to big four year universities, and even though I ended up at one, I made a smarter choice in the end because I'll be graduating with less than half of the debt that my friends have because not only did I transfer in as a junior, but I'm also not living on campus - so that also saves me money.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that community college isn't a "real college," because I can promise you that you're 100 percent getting a college education at a fraction of the cost AND it's convenient, so who's the real winner here?