Coming Back To The OU Campus During COVID-19

What to expect?

4
https://oklahoman.com/article/5633845/university-of-oklahoma-announces-additional-staff-layoffs

With the global issues such as the Covid-19 pandemic, it isn't surprising that many schools and universities are working hard to provide a safe environment for their students. However, will all the measures are taken to slow the spread of the virus can it truly be successful. The past few weeks the University of Oklahoma created a Norman Campus Strategic Plan called "Lead On, University". It highlights the goals of the university and the hopes for the future. OU has also mandated masks and social distance throughout the campus, whether it will work out among students and not lead to a strike in COVID cases is something we can not tell yet. With a few weeks left till classes began it's hard to say what the outcome will be.

I am one of many students who has moved in with my sorority where we have taken multiple measures to ensure safety and health. From wearing masks at all times to limiting the number of girls in a room at a time. The important thing about this whole issue is that everyone must be accountable for themselves to protect not only themselves but for others. I found it very smart that the school also required any students living on campus, such as dorms, apartments, and even sororities/fraternities to take the COVID test to ensure public health.

Though the world and especially the United States are going crazy it's important to take one day at a time. Everything is new and scary but having others to help and caring for not only yourself but others will help the future.

Everything is school will be different and wearing masks will get annoying but doing such a simple task can protect so many people. This wasn't my ideal and I never imagined my sophomore year would begin like but it is what it is. Whatever life throws at you is just something that will make you stronger and in the future, it will be all in the past. We only know what happened and what is happening not what will happen to just take one day at a time and enjoy the little things.