Comic-Con 2017

Comic-Con 2017

Highlights from the 2017 SDCC

14
Comic-Con 2017
San Diego Comic-Con International 2017

Per Comic-Con, who would have thought, back in 1970 a group of comic, movie, and science fiction enthusiasts would come together to form a comic book convention? A small gathering in southern California called San Diego’s Golden State Comic-Minicon. The first event drew around 100 attendees who saw Forrest J Ackerman and Mike Royer as the con’s guest. The event raised enough funds and interest for the next convention to be larger. The second convention took place five months later and renamed San Diego’s Golden State Comic-Con. The event expanded to three days, this time over 300 people attended. Guests include were Ray Bradbury, Jack Kirby, and A. E. van Vogt. In 1972 the named changed again, San Diego’s West Coast Comic Convention. In 1973 the name changed to San Diego Comic-Con. In 1995, the name came to be Comic-Con International: San Diego (CCI). Today we call the event Comic-Con, with the hashtag being #SDCC.

By the time this article is published, 2017 Comic-Con would have come and gone. Technically, a three-day event, but if you add in the preview night, will you know. This year’s Comic-Con took place on July 20-23 with a preview night on July 19th. If you could not attend the event in person, the internet kept you updated on everything. From live streaming, pictures and trailer releases. I spent Comic-Con weekend keeping up and sharing the trailers and news on my Facebook author fan page. I would love to attend this event, someday. To go to a panel and hear about my favorite shows and see the stars. Dressing up in my favorite character’s outfits, walking around and going broke.

Highlight Video Trailers

Video from Doctor Who

Video from Entertainment Access

Video from The CW Television Network

Video from ABC Television Network

Video from Star Trek

Video from Comicbook.com. Side note: How many pop culture icons can you find?

Video from Trailers Promos Teasers. Side note: How many of you are excited to see Smallville's, Tom Welling?

Video from Trailers Promos Teasers. Side note: How many of you now have "Thriller" and Vincent Price stuck in your heads?

Video from Saw Official

Video from Marvel Entertainment

Video from IGN

Video from amc. Side note: Last part of the video, what are your theories?

Let's not forget the Cosplay

Videos from IGN

After it is all said and done, and you saw it all, what is your favorite announcements, trailers and/or cosplay from Comic-Con 2017? Do you have any theories of your favorite shows? What are you excited to see in upcoming movies and television shows?