Like most college-aged students right now, I grew up watching classic Disney princess movies such as "Cinderella," "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast." While they all hold a special place in my heart, I also absolutely love "The Princess Diaries." We got to watch Princess Mia (Anne Hathaway) go from being an awkward, ordinary high school student to the glowing queen of Genovia. That being said, Mia was still just as clumsy even once she learned she was a royal, and as awkward college students, we can definitely relate to some of her adventures.
1. Trying to cheer up your friends
We all deserve a Joe in our lives, even if they aren't our fabulous bodyguard.
2. Getting ready for class
"... this is as good as it's gonna get." Let's be real — you're going to put on a t-shirt and Nike shorts anyway.
3. When you actually do dress up
It's like you're a completely different person. The girl from 8 a.m. chem lab? Yeah, I don't know her either.
4. Every time you're late for something
Julie Andrews is queen anyway, so you can't argue with this.
5. Deciding to play intramural sports
You signed up because your friends did, but you only vaguely know what the sport even is.
7. Before and after your professor mentions the upcoming exam
The good times were fun while they lasted.
8. When your professor decides to randomly call on people
It's 8:30 a.m., and nobody wants to be here. Why would you do this to us?
9. When people think popularity is as big of a deal as it was in high school
We're all drowning in our respective classes, so nobody actually cares about campaigning to be on homecoming court or trying to be in "THE clique." Honestly, who even has the time?
10. Finding out what all you need to take next semester
"Here it could mean, 'Wow, gee whiz, golly wolly,'..." Um... No, I'm pretty sure that here we mean what it says.
11. Being put in charge of a project you know nothing about
This class isn't even for my major, so count me out.
12. When you find out Chad from Sigma Apple Pie is trying to talk to your friend again
We've been here and done this before, so it's going to be a no from me.
13. Sometimes you just need to stay in and have pajama night
Squad? Check. Snacks? Check. Entertainment? Triple check.
I know I can't be the only one who wishes Genovia was real, and I'm still holding out hope for a third movie. Mia is such a relatable character, and I'd love to know what antics she's been up to lately. Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews are such a dynamic duo in the films, and it's undeniable that we wouldn't mind also seeing Chris Pine return as Lord Nicholas — or maybe now he's King Nicholas? The world may never know, but we'd definitely love to find out.