To The College Student Who Is Barely Surviving

To The College Student Who Feels Like They're Barely Surviving

You're not alone.

210

To the tired, run-down, overwhelmed student.

To the one who feels like they're drowning in stress and anxiety and losing the battle.

To the person who sometimes wonders if it's even worth it to keep going in school.

You're not alone.

You're not alone, and it will get better. I know what it feels like to have so many classes that you feel like you can't breathe. I know what it's like to have jam-packed days from beginning to end, barely getting to take a breath. I know what it's like to sleep yet to constantly feel tired. I get that. And so do millions of other students worldwide.

College most likely isn't going to be the hardest part of your life, but it definitely isn't easy. It's very difficult to adjust from high school life to suddenly being considered an "adult." College is full of changes, is fast-paced, and stops for no man. So it's totally understandable to feel like you can't catch a break sometimes.

During times of stress, know that it's okay to take some time for yourself. Take deep breaths. Do something that relaxes you. Shift your focus off of the stress of college and onto something you enjoy. Take a walk, work out, talk to someone. Everyone gets stressed out in college at one point or another. We all have days, weeks, and even semesters where we feel like we are completely in over our heads. But believe me, we're all in this together.

The hard days will pass. They always do. Sometimes it can be really, really hard to keep your head above the water when so much is happening in your life, but nothing lasts forever. Take comfort in the fact that this is temporary and that there will be brighter days ahead.

Life is a series of rollercoasters. Learning to roll with the punches can be really difficult, but it's important, especially as a college student in a fast-paced environment. Have you ever heard the quote, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you make of it"? It's a tough concept to live out, but if you try to remember that life can be shaped by perspective, that can change things. And I totally understand that gaining perspective is difficult sometimes when you're trapped in the hole called college stress. But try to remember the positive aspects of your life.

All the happy in-between moments. The little things that make you smile. There's always something to be thankful for, something to smile about. So even when the day comes where you feel too exhausted and overwhelmed to even get out of bed, take refuge in the fact that better days are coming.

So to the college student who barely feels like they're surviving:

I'm right there with you. You're not alone, and we can beat this together.