A College Senior's Guide To Kwanzaa

A College Senior's Guide To Kwanzaa

Try to give yourself morning affirmations - "I WILL succeed" instead of "I want to succeed."

58
A College Senior's Guide To Kwanzaa
Flickr

Kwanzaa started December 26, 2017, and ends on January 1, 2018. Though the holiday only lasts throughout these seven days, here's how you can apply its seven principles throughout your senior year of college.

Day 1: Umoja - Unity

We all know college can be extremely stressful, but life overall will be way less stressful if we all strive to keep our family, friends, and other circles all unified.

Day 2: Kujichagulia- Self- Determination

Keep a positive mindset and work hard. Believe that you can and will succeed pre and post-graduation.

Day 3: Ujima - Collective Work and Responsibility

Gather a like-minded and equally motivated circle and try to work together so that you can all succeed. After all, problem-solving is easier in a group than it is when you're carrying all the weight by yourself.

Day 4: Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics

In addition to supporting others, don't forget to give back to your own communities. We should all love to see our own win!

Day 5: Nia - Purpose

Remember why you're in college. Whenever you're feeling down, try to self-reflect, envision yourself doing what you aspire to do, and keep that in mind.

Day 6: Kuumba - Creativity

Tap into your inner creativity - step out of your comfort zone and do something that you thought you'd never do. You never know how creative you truly are until you try.

Day 7: Imani - Faith

Try to give yourself morning affirmations - "I WILL succeed" instead of "I want to succeed." Speak nothing but positivity into your life and work hard so that those affirmations will manifest.

Keep these principles in mind even after the week is over, and I guarantee your last year or semester in college will be more positive!