Thoughts You Have As A College Senior

5 Emotionally Devastating Thoughts You Only Have When You're Almost A College Senior

If you thought that high school went fast, just know that college goes by 10 times faster.

2150
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeigrgVH5yB/?hl=en&taken-by=amypohler

One minute, you're picking out accessories for your dorm, and the next, you're planning for your final trip back to the city you have called home for the past three years. As your college journey comes to an end, you can't help but reflect on all of the friendships, memories, and life lessons you have learned along the way.

Here are the top five thoughts that every soon-to-be college senior has when they think about their final year at their beloved university.

1. When someone asks you if you are really going to be a senior already

Here you are, at another family gathering, when someone asks you yet again if you are REALLY going to be a senior this coming year. The two of you go back and forth discussing the fact that it feels as though it was just yesterday when you received your acceptance letter.

This conversation sparks a deep thought: Where has the time actually gone? You have done a million different things with a variety of people, yet at this exact moment, it all seems to be one big blur.

2. When you realize how hard it is to actually get a job

Every single college student has the idea that as soon as they graduate college, they're going to find an amazing job and chase their dreams. It's at this time that we finally realize just how difficult this is going to be. So many of your friends have graduated before you and are still on the hunt to find the perfect job. Maybe it's really not as easy as it seems.

3. When it finally sinks in that senioritis is 10 times worse in college

We all remember the times we claimed that we had "senioritis" back in high school. Well, whatever that was, it doesn't even come close to what we feel now. The college workload is way more than anything we dealt with in high school and we can't imagine just how hard it will be to push through when we know that graduation is just around the corner.

4. When you realize that this is the last time you and all of your besties will be living in the same state

College would be absolutely nothing if it weren't for the amazing friends that have been there with you. They've stuck around through the good times and the bad. The thought of a life without them is almost unimaginable, but you still try to piece together what your life is going to look like without them right by your side. These friends have truly turned into your family and have made this new place feel as if it is your home-away-from-home.

5. When you think about all of the incredible memories that college has given you

No matter how frustrated we may get over typical college drama, we will never forget all of the amazing things that college has done for us and given us. As we reflect back on the past three years, it is hard to think of leaving the place that has introduced you such amazing people.

It is easy to get wrapped up in a whirlwind of emotions when this very special chapter in life ends. Even though we are so excited for the future, it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier.