8 Completely Necessary Texts College Girls Send To Roommates Every Day To Survive
popular

"Who threw away my to-go box?"

1435
Unsplash

Moving into a new apartment, dorm, or house with roommates call for sleepless nights, endless laughs, and last but not least infinite questions and conversations.

College roommates are people who could potentially be your bridesmaid, groomsman, or best friend for life.

With technology on the rise, texting makes it easier for roomies to communicate, even if they're in the same place as you are.

1. "Where are you? When are you going to be home?"

In reality, college can actually be pretty lonely. Especially if you're best friends with your roommates, you tend to get pretty bored and lonely if they're not home. You find yourself with nobody to talk to and nothing to do except twiddle your thumbs through a different social media app every 30 seconds.

2. "Whose clothes are in the washing machine?"

Living with multiple people means laundry piles up QUICK. Girls tend to try on 10 outfits a day before finally deciding on one. If they're anything like me they, they will throw their clean clothes in the dirty hamper rather than hanging them back up. Walking to the washing machine with an armful of clothing and seeing the washer is already occupied can often be frustrating and inconvenient. Having to drop your clothes to send out the "whose clothes are in the washer?" text is almost necessary a few times a week.

If you're tight with your roommates and know whose clothes they are (because you have borrowed half of their wardrobes) then they're usually okay with you switching the clothes over to the dryer for them.

3. "Who threw away my to-go box?"

Eating out in college can be pricey, so college students tend to take any amount of food they have left over back home with them. With every person bringing home food a few times a week, the fridge gets too packed to store any food in.Throwing away food based on how long you've seen it on there tends to be pretty common among roommates. Sometimes, they're mistaken and throw away the wrong white box considering they all look the same. There are not many feelings worse than finally getting home to eat your left overs that you've been craving since your 11 a.m just to find out it's been thrown out.

4. "Can I look in your closet?"

Having multiple wardrobes to pick from can make picking out an outfit to go out in that much easier....or harder. Roommate's closets give you access to so many more outfit combinations. It's even better if your roomies share the same shoe size as you. SCORE!!!

Worst case scenario, you still can't find anything to wear and you go to your local Forever21 and pick up a cheap clubbing outfit that will probably fall apart after its first wash.

5. "Can you do the dishes?"

Dishes piling up in the sink is not only annoying but it stinks after a few days. In most cases, there's always that one "mom" or "dad" roommate who usually has to take charge and do it. If every roommate is constantly having to clean up after the messier one, it's time to send them that "Can you do the dishes?" text.

6. "Do you wanna go eat?"

Eating Panera is a lot more enjoyable when you have a buddy to share conversation with over your bread bowl. Texting the group message "Who wants to go eat?" is probably the easiest way to find somebody to come with you. Roommates will typically come through 9/10 times because a long day of class can really work up an appetite.

If your roommates let you down, UberEats is always an option if you're feeling boujee and don't want to feel like a loner in public.

7. "Can you keep the noise down?"

In high-school, studying for tests wasn't exactly necessary if you wanted to pass. On the other hand, if one is wishing to pass a class in college, then studying is a major key! Loud music, laughing, and screaming are just a few of the possible distractions that roommates can cause during your study time.

8. "Are y'all dressing cute or no?"

Sometimes girls like to dress up randomly simply just to go grab a bite to eat or run to the mall. Other times, girls like to wear t-shirts down to the knees and have people question whether they are homeless or not. No girl likes to be the odd one out by being over-dressed or under-dressed. So getting everybody's input on how they're dressing before hand will really help a girl out!