College brings people together. You are constantly meeting new friends: in class, through extracurricular activities, at parties… But it’s who you come home to at the end of the day that really matters. Your roommate has seen you on your worst days and your best. He or she will (literally!) always be there for you—no matter what. Basically, the two of you are inseparable. You’re besties who do everything together, and you can’t imagine it being any other way.
If this sounds like you and your roommate, it’s quite possible that you have found your soulmate. Here are 9 signs that the two of you were destined to be friends.
1. You’ve been together for years
From freshman year in the dorms, to senior year in an apartment, the two of you have stuck by one another.
2. You finish his or her sentences
At this point you can practically read each other’s minds.
3. You’re picking out furniture together
If any trip to Target requires both of you to attend, it’s getting serious.
4. You dislike all the same people
Because hate is a strong word.
5. Your idea of a perfect night is staying in with him or her
Takeout + roomie = perfection.
6. He or she knows you better than you know yourself
Which doesn’t always feel like a good thing.
7. You’re always honest with each other
Even if it’s embarrassing.
8. You love him or her unconditionally
Because who wouldn’t?
9. You know you’ll be together forever
Even if you won’t always be roommates.
Roommates? More like soulmates.