College Majors As Characters From 'Orange Is the New Black'

Does your major match up with your favorite character?

284
YouTube

Every show we watch has a unique set of characters. They are all different from each other and they all have their stereotypes; kind of like college majors. 'Orange is The New Black' has polar opposite characters that also work in unity and come together in a way like they did in their last season. The characters are very much like college students; just wanting to achieve their degree, except these characters just want to escape prison.

Undecided - Piper Chapman

Piper is very undecided in 'Orange is the New Black'. First, she is a lesbian, then she is engaged to Larry, then she goes back to being a lesbian again. Second, she doesn't want to be in prison because she is with Alex (her ex), and then she wants to stay in prison to be with Alex. Throughout the show she is very back in forth in what she wants, until the end of season 5, when she finally proposes to Alex.

Accounting/ Finances - Alex Vause

Alex was in the drug dealing/smuggling business, so she knows what 28 grams of cocaine cost. She has to be very good at math to make sure the money she is receiving from her customers is the correct amount for the quantity of drugs they are wanting to purchase. Plus who wouldn't trust an accountant with glasses that look these good.

Business - Galina 'Red' Reznikov

Red ran the kitchen for a long time before the Latinos took it over. She ran it like her own personal business, making sure the food was up to eating standards and working with those that she trusted. In season 5, we get a glimpse into her past of Levi jean smuggling in the Soviet Union. She knows how to run a business and make a mean piroshki in the process.

Cosmetology - Sophia

Sophia is the definition of fabulous, especially in prison. She runs the beauty salon and has a fun time while doing it too. She always has a new hairstyle that compliments herself wonderfully. She knows what will look good on others and what will not, and she is always willing to do your hair to cheer you up.

Visual/Creative Arts - Dayanara

Daya is always drawing to escape her reality. She turns to her creative side to deal with the fact she is pregnant in prison. After she shot Humps in season 5, to deal with the grief and upcoming consequences, she turned to her art again. She has drawn everything from cartoons to murals in the show.

English - Poussey

Poussey was always reading a book from the local prison library. Knowing proper English and a second language (German), she was a very intelligent woman. She protected the book at the library and was willing to speak for the books when she could. Her memory will live in the new library that her girlfriend Soso built her.

Criminal Justice - Taystee

Taystee found her calling in the 5th season of 'Orange is the new Black'. She declares justice for Poussey who was killed by a guard in the previous season. In a 24 hour bargain with Figueroa and Caputo, she demands the arrest of the guard that killed Poussey, better treatment of the prisoners, and for other demands to be met. She does her research and knows her facts about the prison system. She is always prepared to fight for her cause.

Psychology - Healy

Healy is a counselor for the women and someone to go to when they need to talk. He tries to understand the types of problems that go on and how he can help them. Whether it's mental health, physical heath, or social health, he is there for the women in the prison. He understands where they are coming from and is always giving the best advice under the circumstances.

Theology - Yoga Jones

Yoga Jones is the spiritual advisor of Litchfield. After accidentally killing an 8-year-old boy in a drunken mishap, she dedicated her life to Buddhism and being a peace-loving hippie. She gives peaceful advice and is always trying to help others through self-acceptance.

Chemistry - Angie and Leanne

What could go wrong with two meth heads in a chemistry lab? These two women became best friends after realizing they have the same thing in common; they are druggies. They are constantly trying to find or make a quick high out of whatever they can find, whether it's finding a guard who will smuggle drugs in, or hiding out in a cleaning closet and sniffing chemicals.

Journalism/Communication - Flocka and Maritza

In season 5, Flocka and Maritza find a cell phone and start a beauty blog on there from prison. Instantly, thousands of people start watching and following them online. They know what the media wants and needs. They communicate to the outside world what it is like in Litchfield at the time; mostly what they wear and what their makeup is made out of.

Education - Lorna

Every teacher is kind of crazy to a certain extent; I mean you are dealing with children your whole life. Lorna is the sweet kind of crazy, and I feel like she would deal with children very well. She is patient, kind-hearted, and rarely cusses. Lorna gives advice to those who need it and is always willing to help you through a struggle.

IT/Engineering - Gina

Gina has worked in the electrical unit at Litchfield for quite some time. She is very creative with the resources and knows what to do when the power goes out, like in season 5 when she cut the wrong wire and had to restore the power using only her knowledge and a how-to YouTube video.

Drop Out- Nicky

Nicky is the life of the party (most of the time). No cares, no worries, just living in the moment. She is just a rolling stone passing through, with no real life goals or plans past her stay in prison. When she does care about something she sticks to it, but college seems like a waste of her time.