The Best Stories to Come Out of Providence College's Stay-At-Home Order

How PC off-campus students made the best of their time in quarantine

496

On September 14, 2020, Providence College announced that all off campus students would be placed on a stay-at-home order until further notice while the school devised a plan to quell their COVID outbreak. At the time, the size of the spike in COVID-19 cases was still being speculated, and it was unclear who was infected. As time went on, and things started to settle, students, even if entirely negative and unexposed, were left inside with time to kill. Since then, some have spent their days on the couch watching tv, or doing at home exercises with friends. Others however, have gotten a little bit more creative. Here are some of the best stories to come out of Providence College's stay-at-home order.

A Quarantine Bucket List Leaves No Dull Days

Staring down an unforeseen amount of time inside, one Eaton Street house decided the best way to deal with the uncertainty would be to come up with a list of things to do, so that they'd never be bored. A quarantine bucket list if you will. The list began with a fancy wine and cheese night, and developed into a night of outlandish powerpoints, a Harry Potter all nighter movie marathon, and even a morning spent watching the sunrise from their balcony. And those are just to name a few. Needless to say, this group of girls decided their time inside didn't have to go to waste, and proved there are an endless amount of ways to still have fun at home.

An Aunt Sends A Feast to Her Niece

When Aunt Karen heard that her niece was going to be at home for a while, she sprung into action making sure no one would go hungry. A few days into the stay-at-home order, Providence College senior, Elisabeth Sudbey opened her door to an 8 box delivery from The Honey-Baked-Ham Co. The feast came complete with a walnut coffee cafe, mac and cheese, loaded mashed potatoes, 5 different sauces, assorted cheesecakes, and a honey baked ham of course. Sudbey (Suds to friends) accepted the delivery and sprung into action preparing a feast of epic proportions for herself and her roommates. Suds explained that the surpise dinner brought her house closer as it provided an opportunity to bond over a meal like they'd never done before. The night has since inspired other roommates' relatives to ship food, sparking a new tradition the girls wouldn't have otherwise begun.

Suds with her Honey Baked Ham delivery

Nothing Fills A Weekend Like A Wedding

While brainstorming ways to stay entertained for the weekend, one all-female house decided nothing consumes time like wedding festivities. They started the weekend by dividing into men and women, or more specifically, bridesmaids and groomsmen. The "groomsmen" painted on beards, wore button downs, and threw a bachelor party, while the bridesmaids wore dresses and enjoyed a bachelorette across the floor. On Saturday the mock wedding commenced. Some girls walked one another down the aisle, while others cheered them on, and then the "bride" and "groom" we're "married" launching a party that would descend into the night. They completed their weekend festivities with a ceremonial cutting of their homemade wedding cake. These girls continued to make unforgettable and hilarious memories that will last a lifetime, all from the comfort and safety of their own home. I guess it's true what they say, no matter what, girls just wanna have fun!

Though the Covid-19 outbreak at Providence College is very serious, these PC students showed light can be found in even the darkest of times. They took their stay-at-home order in stride, and proved that the Friar family spirit cannot be diminished. The Providence College off-campus students are currently set to be released from their stay-at-home order on October 3rd. And who knows, with a week left inside, maybe the next great stay-at-home story is still yet to be made.