Life Is Crazy In College But I'm OK With It Because It's Shaped Me

Between trying to fit schoolwork, social life, and sleep into a day, things can get a little crazy.

42

Since I started college two years ago, I've learned a lot of things, and one of them is how crazy college is. Even with having a direct routine of a day-by-day schedule, things are still insane. Frankly, I'm okay with the insanity because it helped me grow tremendously as a person.

College has taught me amazing things about myself, how to treat others and learn more than my small hometown has ever taught me in my 19 years of living in my hometown. Granted my college town is small, but it feels diverse and big compared to my hometown.

Does college stress me out beyond control? Yes, but it also taught me that the anxiety that I've kept in a little bottle is bigger than the bottle, and I learned to get help instead of being stubborn. The stress of college taught me more about my mental illness than I did back home because I would put in a little bottle.

Does college make my views on politics and basically everything? Yes, it has, I used to be a Conservative, but I've become a Libertarian after learning a few things. I also learned how to be more diverse as well and how important inclusion is to everyone. I've learned to stand up for myself and I learned that the world is not fair, and to work within the rules to make a name for yourself.

Have I learned a lot? Of course, every day I learned something new, in fact, today I learned how to make an amazing for a flyer for an upcoming event in my school, and I learned of forgiveness.

Yes do I feel like a failure sometimes because I have the lowest GPA out of everyone I know, but then I have to realize that I am different and as long as I am doing my best and keeping up with my program that all it matters.

Granted the person I was two years ago no longer exists, I would have to thank going to college for helping me shape into who I am.