5 Reasons Why In-State Colleges Are The Best

You've been raised to love your state team, might as well keep going.

36

Making the decision on where to go to college is one of the hardest choices you will ever make. There are so many pros and cons for different schools and different locations. When I was deciding on a school, I wanted so badly to go out of state and live life on my own far away from everyone I knew from back home. While so many people, myself included, want to go out of state and experience new places, staying in state has a ton of benefits that a lot of times get overlooked.

1. You're closer to home.

Being close to home means that it is super easy to pack up and head home for the weekend. When school gets tough, it's always nice to get to spend time in your own room with home cooked meals for the weekend.

2. Tuition is WAY cheaper.

In-state tuition is significantly cheaper than out of state. It's important to save money anywhere you can in college and tuition is one big way to save.

3. Your family can come visit on the weekends.

Having the convenience of your mom coming to take care of you when you're sick is a major perk of having family close by. Staying in state gives you this opportunity to have your family take a short trip to visit.

4. People always ask for your advice for the best places to visit in the state.

Living in state gives you a chance to share all of the best-kept secrets of your state. You'll know all of the fun places to visit, eat, and a road trip to, making you feel like a star on your campus.

5. You probably grew up already loving the school.

You most likely grew up in a state that loved their college teams, because of this, you were forced to pick a side at a young age. Why ruin a good thing by going to a school you don't know a ton about?